C4 Forums | Control4

911 Help-Remote Dealer Request for HC200 Keypad programming

Urgent help needed--Hurricane Ian took out our power. Unfortunately, the generator messed with our Control 4 System. All lights working but we replaced two key pads that need to be programmed. The new key pads turn on but don't do anything. Hoping a remote dealer can access and help us reprogram. Local Control 4 dealers will only come out to update/replace the entire HC200 system ;-( Not in the situation to be able to drop 4k right now on light after Hurricane. Appreciate your help. Call me 410-241-3320

Thank you in advance 

Anna Marie

1 hour ago, c4toys said:

its just a keypad! patience will get you further with remote support. Three posts make me say pass, I like calm customers - super cool also helps!

To be honest I wasn’t sure which post to go onto 😞 totally calm cool and collect . Just frustrated that local control 4 company won’t come out just to reprogram urging me to upgrade 🙂 

2 hours ago, hanya2714 said:

To be honest I wasn’t sure which post to go onto 😞 totally calm cool and collect . Just frustrated that local control 4 company won’t come out just to reprogram urging me to upgrade 🙂 

One thought may be because if you're using a HC200 still (which were released in 2008), you might still be on embernet (which predates Zigbee). Unfortunately, using such an older controller complicates a lot of things ranging from potential driver breakage, to embernet. There's a lot of factors involved (in fact, such an old version of the programming software may even have trouble on their computer), so there are a  lot of risks on their side. If you're trying to save money, you may even be better off trying to get a second hand HC800 for now (which is EOL too, but at least runs the 2nd latest Control4 OS), and then later upgrade to core series when you have the money. 

2 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

One thought may be because if you're using a HC200 still (which were released in 2008), you might still be on embernet (which predates Zigbee). Unfortunately, using such an older controller complicates a lot of things ranging from potential driver breakage, to embernet. There's a lot of factors involved (in fact, such an old version of the programming software may even have trouble on their computer), so there are a  lot of risks on their side. If you're trying to save money, you may even be better off trying to get a second hand HC800 for now (which is EOL too, but at least runs the 2nd latest Control4 OS), and then later upgrade to core series when you have the money. 

The system is running fine...just two keypads died out...replaced the keypads...lights on the pads-Control 4 says they just need to be programmed to talk to the system. Like to try to first try this and then take it from there

In the Settings portion of the C4 app, after you click on the system, it should say what OS version you’re on

What version does it indicate?

If it’s really old, adding those switches is like saying “here’s my 14 year old laptop, please install Windows 11”

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.