C4 Forums | Control4

T3 screen processor

doychevg

Hello all,

Is there anybody who knows what processor are using T3/T4 screens as I cannot find any information regarding this? Why am I asking? I have T3 screen and except the lightnings & the heating I am using cameras on Hikvision but there comes the problem - when I click to see the cameras they are always being stuck like in a screenshot..I am also asking because we are using the app via iOS & Android phones I the cameras are working very smooth and the live is working as it should be working but on T3 they are stuck. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

--

Regards

You probably have the cameras set to a resolution that isn't supported by the screens, in that case it will revert to showing a snapshot.  I would recommend setting the camera stream that you are using for Control4 to 720p...leave the main stream at 4K if that's what you have, and use the 2nd stream for Control4, at a lower resolution.  Has nothing to do with the processing power of the screens, but rather their maximum resolution.

13 minutes ago, doychevg said:

Hello chopedogg88, 

Could you explain how should I change to sub-stream usage over Control4? Is this some kind of setting in Control4 composer because I don't really see anything like this to be possible to be set.

It’s not in C4 app, u do this in your cam setup, in C4 depends on the driver u use, u can tell it to call stream 2 for example

25 minutes ago, Amr said:

It’s not in C4 app, u do this in your cam setup, in C4 depends on the driver u use, u can tell it to call stream 2 for example

Well, I've chose the stream 2 which is 640x480 (VGA), tried also with 640x360 but it is still stuck as a screenshot..They are being managed by NVR, but I don't think that matter a lot. Anyway, I've tried with adding it also to the hikvision driver but it is still stuck, so no difference. Sad story..

On 1/3/2023 at 11:18 PM, doychevg said:

Well, I've chose the stream 2 which is 640x480 (VGA), tried also with 640x360 but it is still stuck as a screenshot..They are being managed by NVR, but I don't think that matter a lot. Anyway, I've tried with adding it also to the hikvision driver but it is still stuck, so no difference. Sad story..

No, it matters, just follow the instructions, if it doesn’t work then there is something wrong with your setup, you need to open a ticket with Chowmain and they will log in to your system and see where is the issue and they will be able to fix it or tell you exactly what is the issue.

I also suggest you change ur main stream and test. I can’t tell but there might be an issue with your sub stream.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.