C4 Forums | Control4

Triad one amp & apple homekit

whatisland

I have a triad one amp to which I can stream music from my iPhone using airplay. The connection is fine, however I am unable to show the triad amp as an accessory in the apple home app (the same way an apple tv or homepod would appear in the apple home app). Is this even possible? Has anybody had any success with this?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• supported devices per site. I use another HomeKit driver with the same limitations.

• TV
  • Switches
  • Dimmers
  • Advanced Lighting Scenes
  • Fan Speed Controller
  • Thermostat
  • Blinds
  • Garage Doors
  • Door Locks
  • Security System
  • Motion Sensors
  • Contact Sensors
  • Custom Commands (Events)

Extended reviews (8)

Documentation

Revisions

e2b3a68ea0fb57cfb89b89e89ef77fc2.jpg
There wasn’t a specific function I had in mind, it was more of an exercise in curiosity. I was about to stream a podcast from my phone to the triad amp when I decided to try to select it from the home app. When I launched the home app, I hoped/expected to find it displayed like the devices shown in the screen shot. I know there’s a varietas home hub/homebridge programming which can expose certain control4 accessories under apple home, I just wondered if this specific exercise can be done directly.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, whatisland said:

I was about to stream a podcast from my phone to the triad amp when I decided to try to select it from the home app.

Seems like it would be more helpful to stream to controller via Shairbridge, right? (assuming controller is physically connected to the Triad-- can't image when it wouldn't be--- maybe a remote single-room situation?).   Whether target is Shairbridge or Matrix/Amp directly, I guess I can see where it would sometimes be handy to have a Homekit button (and Siri voice command) to basically "stream audio currently playing on iPhone to specific Airplay target."    Seems like there would be a way to do that in Home App (maybe with Shortcuts?), but I've never tried.   Keep us posted if you figure it out.   Currently, I would just use the Airplay button in standard iOS playback window or swipe down from upper right corner of phone screen and browse Airplay targets.

6 hours ago, cnicholson said:

Seems like it would be more helpful to stream to controller via Shairbridge, right? (assuming controller is physically connected to the Triad-- can't image when it wouldn't be

Why would it be? The Triad is able to get it's own stream from a controller over the network.

OP the reason you don't see the Triad is because the Triad -eventhough you can 'airplay to it'- is not the actual target of your airplay. The main system controller is the target, and IT streams to the Triad.

In other words the TriadOne isn't an airplay (let alone homeapp) enabled device at all - the system controller is (and ONLY the main system controller/director, no secondary controllers are either).

I see.  I thought the OP was saying that (for some reason) the Triad could get a native Airplay stream *directly* to it and he wanted to stream audio from iOS device directly to the Triad.  I was suggesting using Shairbridge instead.  Sounds like it *only* uses Shairbridge (i.e., Airplay to the controller).  So maybe we're saying the same thing.   Obviously if he's wanting to play C4 sources, then Airplay has nothing to do with it.

Edit:  Oh. Duh.  I now realize that I had a brain glitch and didn't catch that it was a Triad One.  But answer is still the same: use Shairbridge, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.