C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Ray not being controlled

Hello, maybe someone can point me to the issue solving correction!

Setup is Nvidia Shield - Samsung Frame - Sonos Ray Soundbar

Connections -

Shieled HDMI Output - Samsung TV = (Video Endpoint to tv)

Samsung TV Optical Output to - Sonos Ray Optical input

Control - Halo and Neo Remote

Before adding the Sonos Ray everything functioned and was controlled through the remotes

added the Sonos Ray through Sddp, IP address is correct, it shows online in network tab.

I get no control with the remotes in regards to volume up/down, mute. When pushing said buttons, Optical output image displays on tv, but no change of state via Sonos. (I can control volume through Sonos app).

I'm assuming I am missing a connection or something - Documentation was stating I should only need the optical connection, no other audio/video audio endpoints needed, unless I am misunderstanding.

I was able to go into programming and assign when volume is pressed pulse volume up, same thing for volume down, and set a volume toggle, which those programming commands work on the Sonos Ray. I get no feedback on the remotes screen as to the volume level, and the optical image still appears on the tv. <- this was just a workaround for the time being, I assume theres a better way to integrate this into the system, and get smart feedback at least on the remote for volume control and get rid of optical flash on screen?

Ea3, Nvidia Shield TV, Samsung Frame, Sonos Ray 

Halo non touch, Neo Remote

Neighbors Home -Connections.png

Neighbors Home - IP Connections.png

Edited by lostndashuffle
community response*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.