C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa Speed Improvement

Sometime in the last week or so, Alexa started responding speedily to all our voice commands.  I’m not sure what the change is and it may be something non-Control4 related, like new Amazon servers in South Africa… whatever the change, I am now getting almost instant response to all Alexa commands using the native Control4 driver.  It is a massive improvement and I am really hoping it stays this way.

Has anyone else seen something similar?

its always been decently good, josh blows it away in speed, but worse in recognition for commands.

odd thing Alexa has been doing. on and off is when i ask for alexa turn on sleep. she will say what device and i say sleep and it works everytime. check the alexa app it transcribes the correct command but has been getting confused on the first attempt. it worked for years before this.

10 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

its always been decently good, josh blows it away in speed, but worse in recognition for commands.

odd thing Alexa has been doing. on and off is when i ask for alexa turn on sleep. she will say what device and i say sleep and it works everytime. check the alexa app it transcribes the correct command but has been getting confused on the first attempt. it worked for years before this.

I’ve seen this problem (Alexa getting confused) recently also….

In both my residences (noting they are in South Africa - probably not a priority location from Amazon or C4’s point of view), Alexa has taken a good 4 or 5 seconds (maybe longer) to respond (act - eg turn a light on) to the first command and then she responded (lights come on - or music - or blinds open etc.) within 2 seconds of the command.  Now it is instantaneous (definitely less than a second from me finishing speaking). The difference is noticeable enough that everyone in the house has been commenting on it.  Admittedly, I have only seen this in one residence so far but I look forward to seeing if this has changed in my Beach House also!

I suspect Alexa will get a lot more use in our household now!  The speed is back to what we used to experience with the Epic driver (which was all local).

Edited by South Africa C4 user

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.