C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa and Roku

My Alexa app wants me to add my Roku device. 
I’m looking for advice as to what I can gain by doing so?

I already have C4 voice control to turn on the room to use Netflix or YouTube via Roku and have full remote control.

Am I missing out on anything?

or would adding it as a device conflict with the C4 voice controls?

Thanks. 

You may get some conflicts with commands having them both set up. I would recommend reading the Alexa documentation to see what it can do. It shouldn't be too bad what ever device sends a command to it will just get handled like anything else.  As far as what we use we now use josh.ai to do a lot of voice control and they have deep integration into roku. You can just simply ask for a show to play like. Hey, josh watch stranger things season 4 episode 3, or other similar commands. In this case, josh and c4 control the Roku independently. However, josh works tightly with control4 so that multiple of the same commands would be sent and Josh knows that the Roku is in the control4 system so it will properly update all of the relevant navigators. In fact, you can use the Josh app and the control4 app at the same time and they essentially work interchangeably. 

https://www.patreon.com/posts/josh-ai-ios-app-79119191?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.