C4 Forums | Control4

EA3/Core 1, digital coax vs HDMI

drmark12pa

Question

I'm adding a controller into my theater finally after it's completion. I am likely using an extra EA3 I have on hand which will stream audio to my Anthem receiver in my theater (also control drop down screen, etc). Sony projector and Anthem receiver already controlled on network by Control4. My dealer had recommended possibly a Core1. My question is:

1) what's  difference in performance between EA3 and Core1 for just single room control of the theater and streaming audio.

2) I am wondering which the better option would be for best audio resolution the digital out or HDMI?  Is there a difference or can I just use the HDMI out to Anthem for both audio and onscreen display?  I want to make sure I'm getting the maximum 192 audio resolution of course

2 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

Do you actually stream 4 separate streams? ie have 4 logins? Nothing wrong with that, just wondering as I believe sirius is one stream per login.

It's My Music so if 3 or even 4 rooms want different audio that can be done

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.