C4 Forums | Control4

EQ settings on C4 app

drmark12pa

Question

Is there any way to adjust EQ or even basic treble/bass settings on the C4 app (Android version) for C4 amps controlling different zones?  I have 16 zones running off 2 of the C4 16amp3B 8 zone amps.  It's somewhat cumbersome to always have to adjust EQ in Composer and I could swear there used to be some EQ controls in the app previously....

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately, the EQ in the Navigator is not available for the older 16 zone amps.

It's only available for the EA5/CORE5 outputs, as well as on the Triad AMS8v2 and Triad AMS16 audio switches' outputs.

There is an EQ available for the V3 16 zone amplifiers in ComposerPro, and there was a Flash app that implemented EQ for the older amplifiers, back in the OS2 days.

Sorry.

RyanE

13 hours ago, RyanE said:

Unfortunately, the EQ in the Navigator is not available for the older 16 zone amps.

It's only available for the EA5/CORE5 outputs, as well as on the Triad AMS8v2 and Triad AMS16 audio switches' outputs.

There is an EQ available for the V3 16 zone amplifiers in ComposerPro, and there was a Flash app that implemented EQ for the older amplifiers, back in the OS2 days.

Sorry.

RyanE

Ryan,

So a newer amp would be needed to control EQ with app not just the EA5 or Core5?  Currently, my audio is running off my EA5 outputs, 1 output to each amp....

46 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

So a newer amp would be needed to control EQ with app not just the EA5 or Core5?  Currently, my audio is running off my EA5 outputs, 1 output to each amp....

It can get complicated, and depends on what the audio endpoint for the room is.

I don't know what amplifiers support EQ on the Navigators.

If you're doing audio switching, you can't really set the EA5 or Core5 as the room's audio endpoint.

In my setup, the amplifiers are set to a static output volume, and every room's endpoint is set to the corresponding output on the audio switch, the AMS16, which supports EQ.

RyanE

One thing I did find is that my EA5 had a custom EQ setting applied (globally to output 1) so I'm wondering if that was affecting the EQ in the room (though only the Kitchen where I've been having the EQ go back to settings that cause clipping is the room that changes... all other rooms don't change).  I'm going to try this with a flat EQ setting and just tweak each room individually and see if the EQ setting stays put where set.

Still it's a head scratcher as I would think once the EQ setting via amp is set/applied, it should stay at those values and not change by itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.