C4 Forums | Control4

How to program a conditional button?

macky

Hi, is it possible to create conditional button? I created a custom menu named "Confirm" with items: Yes and No.  The point is I want this acts as a safety measure when open doors.  So you tap on the door, and have to tap Yes on this to open.  Otherwise, it stays closed.  Problem is I cant seem to create an if statement with a custom button.  It only allows you to create a statement: "Press the Yes button from Confirm menu".

It's complicated.

You can do it with multi state experience buttons if you're creative. Using a timer countdown type scenario. Press door, then button switches to a press to confirm for several seconds and if you don't press by end of timer, button reverts and door stays closed.

Or have a basic red/green precheck "allow" button to govern them all. Press to green, starts timer, reverts to red at expires.
When press door, check if allow is green then open.

What is the reasoning here.

If it's just to prevent a quick accidental press after putting the door as a favourite on the main screen, simple don't use the favourite and just use the custom button - that already makes it a two step process.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.