C4 Forums | Control4

Progamming Switch To Come on at Certain Time

Go to schedular and create two, one for light on and one for light off. Tell each of them to occur daily and pick what time you want it to occur. Then on the left side under programming go to the new schedule and on the right side pick the light and underneath that tell it to come on or off. I don't have composer in front of me, but I think I told you right.

Any plans for c4central to post a preferred method for 'away' lighting programming method to do some random light switching while on vacation? Maybe activated by the alarm system being armed to away as well...

Dan might. I'm a little backed up on quotes from the holidays.

Any plans for c4central to post a preferred method for 'away' lighting programming method to do some random light switching while on vacation? Maybe activated by the alarm system being armed to away as well...

I'll see what I can do. If you haven't seen anything in the next few days shoot me an email. I have a couple works in progress, but it shouldn't take to long to post a quick how-to on something like that.

Good suggestion.

I got it. Thank you. Am having trouble with one light responding only sometimes to the sunrise/sunset programs. I know the program is working because one set of lights seems to work all the time. The switches are not far from each other (ie. 15-20 ft). The AVM-MC1-B controller is in the basement theater and the switches I refer to are on the main floor probably no more than 50 ft away from point to point. Any thoughts on distance or interference causing a problem? How does the wireless mesh network communicate? (ie. all back to the controller individually, or do each talk to each other and form a communication chain back to the controller)

Also, a general question for the masses... how does C4 determine sunrise/sunset times?

When you start your project in Composer it asks for your zip code or lat/longitude. Sunrise/sunset times

can be closely calculated by that....

Archived