C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Speaker

BY96

In another thread on music integration with C4, there has been a lot of mention of Sonos. I am currently using C4 for whole house music with a traditional matrix/amp. But I have a Sonos in the garage that we sometimes use for music when doing a garage clean-up (something that unfortunately is needed quite often). How well does Sonos play with C4? Could the Sonos be added for the music in the garage alongside the music system in the rest of the house? 

Yes, you can add it along side your existing setup.  You won't be able to join zones and play the same music in-sync between native and sonos.  All of my zones are sonos and I like the flexibility and integration with C4.  Anyone in the family can start music the way they want (Airplay2, Alexa, Josh.ai, Spotify) and C4 shows the meta data and offers transport controls.  My recent add of Josh.ai system allows me to cast the voice back through my in-ceiling speakers as well. 

Yes, you can add it along side your existing setup.  You won't be able to join zones and play the same music in-sync between native and sonos.  All of my zones are sonos and I like the flexibility and integration with C4.  Anyone in the family can start music the way they want (Airplay2, Alexa, Josh.ai, Spotify) and C4 shows the meta data and offers transport controls.  My recent add of Josh.ai system allows me to cast the voice back through my in-ceiling speakers as well. 

Technically he can join audio zones from Sonos to C4. But it could be janky and require using both C4 and sonos apps.

Basically you need a sonos port. Connect both input and output to the matrix. When I’m your garage and playing music elsewhere in the house ~> add the port to that audio session then add the Sonos in the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.