C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Marine

Tim

Ran across this one on the web. Interesting application of the Control4 products. Not one that I've seen before.

-----

Control4 provides a complete solution for luxury yachts and pleasure boats. The system enhances safety and comfort by providing more efficient energy management onboard. For example:

- Remotely controlling lights and heating or air conditioning to turn on shortly before arrival, ensuring everything on the vessel is set to preference yet reducing energy consumption

- Automating exterior running lights to allow the crew to move around safely

- Adjusting the thermostat to ensure appropriate interior cabin temperatures

- Providing GPS and navigation data through the television or touch screens so owners and onboard guests know the current location of the vessel and anticipated arrival

- Triggering lights to automatically turn on, off or dim, based on detected light levels or specific times of the day

- Opening and closing blinds, according to when the sun sets or the skies become cloudy to allow for optimum levels of natural light

- Centralizing audio and video collections from multiple sources and allowing selection of music or movies by cover art from a single library from any room on the vessel

Really?! You mean there is old info I dont know about?? I'm off to look :)'

Well then, I shall retract my original statement!

It did come fairly early in the blogs life, but certainly wasn't the first.

I would be curious to know how many of these have been down. My neighbor has a yacht that he keeps in the bay area, but he doesn't know what control system he has on it. He just knows that he has touch screens, remotes, and it is really cool. I haven't been able to convince him to let me and my wife cruise down to Catalina and check it out for him...still working on it.

Archived