C4 Forums | Control4

Shelly Devices & Driver

BY96

Hello,

I have been using the Chowmain Shelly driver for a while now, and really like it, but ran into a small problem. I deleted a couple of Shelly devices from the Shelly app and Control4 HE as I no longer use them. However, any time I try and add a new device using "Auto Setup" in the C4 driver (after having of course added the device to the Shelly app), the previously deleted devices are added too. Oddly, not all of my deleted devices, only two so far. 

I am hoping someone, maybe @Andrew luecke, might have some ideas about what I am doing wrong. Thanks everyone! 

7 hours ago, BY96 said:

Hello,

I have been using the Chowmain Shelly driver for a while now, and really like it, but ran into a small problem. I deleted a couple of Shelly devices from the Shelly app and Control4 HE as I no longer use them. However, any time I try and add a new device using "Auto Setup" in the C4 driver (after having of course added the device to the Shelly app), the previously deleted devices are added too. Oddly, not all of my deleted devices, only two so far. 

I am hoping someone, maybe @Andrew luecke, might have some ideas about what I am doing wrong. Thanks everyone! 

The purge known Devices action should reset the known device list. At this time, its a design decision not to do it automatically as Local Lan discovery in particular is passive.

Andy

Just now, Andrew luecke said:

The purge known Devices action should reset the known device list. At this time, its a design decision not to do it automatically as Local Lan discovery in particular is passive.

Andy

So the purge option only purges the "unprovisioned" devices and not all devices? I wasn't sure about that. 

I ran the "display device directory" and saw the two devices that keep showing up were "unprovisioned." 

Thank you so much! 

6 minutes ago, BY96 said:

So the purge option only purges the "unprovisioned" devices and not all devices? I wasn't sure about that. 

I ran the "display device directory" and saw the two devices that keep showing up were "unprovisioned." 

Thank you so much! 

We can't delete devices in the project. Purge Known devices deletes all devices in the DB for the Agent. From there, you simply wait for them to be redetected, or pulled from cloud again. It won't physically delete any drivers though

9 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

We can't delete devices in the project. Purge Known devices deletes all devices in the DB for the Agent. From there, you simply wait for them to be redetected, or pulled from cloud again.

When the devices are pulled from the cloud again or redacted, do they go back in the rooms they were assigned originally?

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding, and if so, I apologize. 

Just now, BY96 said:

When the devices are pulled from the cloud again or redacted, do they go back in the rooms they were assigned originally?

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding, and if so, I apologize. 

It doesn't affect existing devices. Once the devices are created, they basically only use Agent for IP Self-Healing or to make comms more reliable for sleepy devices.

Smoke Plus should already be supported. I'd strongly recommend adding to cloud, giving a static IP to C4 controller and devices and provisioning via cloud (as they're sleepy devices). You might have to wake it up to provision it.

In regards to the LPG, did you mean: https://www.shelly.com/en/products/shop/sg-eu-lpg . We tested one of those (and fairly sure the api is the same), so should work too. Again, for the best reliability, use the Cloud driver, but keep in mind that for insurance purposes, you may need to approach it a different way (as, 4sight could be down, wireless could be down, etc)

5 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

@Andrew luecke I recently had the trial expire on my Shelly driver.  I have since purchased the driver -- the agent says "License Activated" but the individual Shelly device is reporting "License Invalid. Driver Disabled."  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sorry for the hijack.

The only thing that matters is the cloud status / top message. But make sure you're running driver Central cloud 1028 or later

The bottom one happens because I send a message when it happens to be disabled, but I don't send a message when it gets enabled . I wait for the message to get overwritten by something else (which might take a while in some circumstances which I didn't realise at the time). The new beta explicitly overwrites it. Otherwise, you can just reboot the controller if it bugs you but if the driver is working, it can be ignored

3 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

The only thing that matters is the cloud status / top message. But make sure you're running driver Central cloud 1028 or later

The bottom one happens because I send a message when it happens to be disabled, but I don't send a message when it gets enabled . I wait for the message to get overwritten by something else (which might take a while in some circumstances which I didn't realise at the time). The new beta explicitly overwrites it. Otherwise, you can just reboot the controller if it bugs you but if the driver is working, it can be ignored

Got it!  I didn't think it was working -- but I just needed to wake the device up by physically hitting the button on the humidity sensor.  FWIW - a reboot of the controller did not clear the "license invalid" message -- but I don't really mind.

37 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Got it!  I didn't think it was working -- but I just needed to wake the device up by physically hitting the button on the humidity sensor.  FWIW - a reboot of the controller did not clear the "license invalid" message -- but I don't really mind.

G'day, yep, you can definitely safely ignore it then

22 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

Smoke Plus should already be supported. I'd strongly recommend adding to cloud, giving a static IP to C4 controller and devices and provisioning via cloud (as they're sleepy devices). You might have to wake it up to provision it.

In regards to the LPG, did you mean: https://www.shelly.com/en/products/shop/sg-eu-lpg . We tested one of those (and fairly sure the api is the same), so should work too. Again, for the best reliability, use the Cloud driver, but keep in mind that for insurance purposes, you may need to approach it a different way (as, 4sight could be down, wireless could be down, etc)

Thats great news thank you - yes that was the LPG sensor.

Question - is there a smoke detector driver one can bind to this or how do you typically set it up a Relay? It would be nice if it could come up as a smoke detector in the navigators. They are configured to the shelly cloud I have 10 of them around the house. The "sleepy" nature whilst I understand why (Battery) is a nightmare to get them woken up again so that they can reflect in the network and you can set their static IP nature.

1 hour ago, ILoveControl said:

Thats great news thank you - yes that was the LPG sensor.

Question - is there a smoke detector driver one can bind to this or how do you typically set it up a Relay? It would be nice if it could come up as a smoke detector in the navigators. They are configured to the shelly cloud I have 10 of them around the house. The "sleepy" nature whilst I understand why (Battery) is a nightmare to get them woken up again so that they can reflect in the network and you can set their static IP nature.

We provide events and I recall a Contact Closure binding too. Not sure about the best device to bind to though (as depends what you're trying to do.. Technically, a smoke detector in navigator I feel wont be that useful in practice. The power mostly comes from the programming).

In practice, you really want to simply bind a notification to them to be honest, and maybe provide visual feedback in the house.

If you add it to the cloud, I recall the devices check in every 12 or so hours and download the latest setup too, so you only need to wake up for Control4 basically, but for general config cloud will eventually be downloaded into them (at least Gen 1 devices work that way)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.