C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone have DTI's Hombridge Manager installed and working in a docker container?

ekohn00

I took a gamble on the holiday pricing.

I can't get devices to show up in home bridge, even though scenes work. I wanted to see if anyone has it set up and get an idea of the config in the modules. 

Did you need to specify ports, either in the module or docker?

thanks.

Have you tried just installing Homebridge / Plugin directly on a machine to rule out Docker-specific issues?  I originally installed on an old Pi 3 and was having some performance issues and was going to try Docker on a beefier server, but I ended up just installing on a spare MacMini and have had no problems.   But let us know if you get Docker working-- would be more elegant (and energy efficient) for sure.   

You may need to assign custom ports on both ends, but it seems like if *anything* is working then they are "talking" and *everything* should work, right? 

3 hours ago, cnicholson said:

Have you tried just installing Homebridge / Plugin directly on a machine to rule out Docker-specific issues?  I originally installed on an old Pi 3 and was having some performance issues and was going to try Docker on a beefier server, but I ended up just installing on a spare MacMini and have had no problems.   But let us know if you get Docker working-- would be more elegant (and energy efficient) for sure.   

You may need to assign custom ports on both ends, but it seems like if *anything* is working then they are "talking" and *everything* should work, right? 

I might try the mac mini approach for giggles......

There's a bug for sure with Docker that I can't figure out. I can get Lighting Scenes to work, but devices won't show up. Odd as can be. I asked DTI for help but after a few days telling me he needed remote access, he went quiet.  I can double check that a map all ports in the config, hopefully ....

On 11/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, cnicholson said:

Docker on a Synology NAS working nicely. Just do the simple install for homebridge for docker.

Turned out DTI had to update their driver for older C4 Light Switchs...yeh mine are that old..... within 24 hours they had me a new driver and I'm up and running. Their solution seems to be a LOT faster than i expected as far as response time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.