C4 Forums | Control4

Hayward OmniLogic Pool Color Lights

JackD

Question

Anyone have experience getting the Hayward Pool Lights to be used in programming?   My dealer just provisioned the C4 system and added the native Hayward OmniLogic driver which provides control of the Pool pump and heaters.  A subset of the lighting scenes show up in the C4 iOS app but I don't see anyway in Composer HE to select  pool lighting scenes.  Seems like a big miss if you can't do this as the pool lights are an integral part to any broader lighting scene.   

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, JackD said:

Anyone have experience getting the Hayward Pool Lights to be used in programming?   My dealer just provisioned the C4 system and added the native Hayward OmniLogic driver which provides control of the Pool pump and heaters.  A subset of the lighting scenes show up in the C4 iOS app but I don't see anyway in Composer HE to select  pool lighting scenes.  Seems like a big miss if you can't do this as the pool lights are an integral part to any broader lighting scene.   

be sure and have them add the Auxiliary Controls.  Dealer did this as shown below (using my Composer HE) and the associated screen shots in the app.  it's not the most elegant of solutions and I typically use the Omnilogic app instead of the C4 one for pool controls (lights, heater, water features) since the driver is quite limited IMO.

Composer View.png

Image-1.jpeg

Image.jpeg

Thanks - I do get the the Color Logic Lights showing under extras in the C4 iOS app and agree the Hayward app is better here, however, I wanted to set a couple of pool lighting scenes through automation to turn on/off with other outdoor landscape lighting via a scheduled program events  set up using Composer HE.   Did you see a way to make the ColorLogic lights part of a When/Then program?   That way I can put them on the same schedule or timer as other lights using Sunset schedules or part of other scenes like Movie Time where I can keep the pool lighted but dim the pool down to 20% so it doesn't overpower the lighting in the TV room

8 hours ago, JackD said:

Thanks - I do get the the Color Logic Lights showing under extras in the C4 iOS app and agree the Hayward app is better here, however, I wanted to set a couple of pool lighting scenes through automation to turn on/off with other outdoor landscape lighting via a scheduled program events  set up using Composer HE.   Did you see a way to make the ColorLogic lights part of a When/Then program?   That way I can put them on the same schedule or timer as other lights using Sunset schedules or part of other scenes like Movie Time where I can keep the pool lighted but dim the pool down to 20% so it doesn't overpower the lighting in the TV room

You can definitely do this in HE. Not sure about When / then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.