C4 Forums | Control4

Condition Successful in one Timer, second Timer same condition fails

Ok Im totally stumped with this one. 

I have a TV that is in a room called Family Room that can be seen from both my sunroom and my kitchen.  Im using Pico remotes to control distributed audio in both the sunroom and kitchen, and have logic written to use Room Control driver to cycle through Preset Sources for audio sources on a single button press.  On a double button press I have the logic check to see if the Family Room tv is on and if so select that TV as the audio source for the room. As part of my logic Im using Timers.  Everything works perfectly in the Sunroom, but I can't get it to work in the Kitchen to select the TV when on.  After a bunch of testing I did narrow it down to the condition not evaluating as the Family Room TV is On in the Kitchen timer.  If I remove that one condition all the other commands within the condition work.  This exact same condition works in the Sunroom Timer.

Ive tried deleting all the events in the Kitchen Timer and then recreating the events to see if that would fix it.  It didn't.  I have not tried creating a whole new timer though. Ill probably try that now while I wait to see if someone else has seen the same thing before.  Just super weird the If Family Room->Family Room TV is on evaluates true in the sunroom timer and false in the kitchen timer. 

Updated: I did try creating a new Timer and still have the same issue. Im totally stumped.  I can switch the logic to see if Family Room Room is on vs the TV itself and that condition works.  Still confused why the TV condition works in one timer and not the other.

sunroom.thumb.png.97d2313c9fb525cc042149bd6a70e833.pngkitchen.thumb.png.091e68c7a8f76c5ac565c7e5ee3ab1b3.png

Hmm odd from what I can tell.

One thing to try is to CREATE a variable to check against (shouldn't be needed, but i might create a check, and for now get things working):

WHEN family room TV is turned ON set variable 'tv on or not' to true and obviously a line to set it back to false.

From there use the new variable instead of the device variable, if only to test and see if it makes a difference.

Unless... What do you have as the WHEN to trigger each script? Sounds like you dug pretty deep but any chance that somehow you're programming against timer stopped vs timer expired (and it's a repeating timer?)

It’s on expired timer and not repeating. For now I set it to Room power On as a temporary work around. It’s working but this is super annoying. 

Yeah this is pretty crazy. I actually have 5 of these types of timers. 2 rooms to an outdoor tv, 2 rooms to this family room tv and 1 room to a different tv. This one timer is the only one having issues. 

oh well, I give up.  I just switched all 5 timers to use if room power on instead of the specific TV in the room. The majority of the rooms Im linking to the TV of all they have is TV and light control, so room power should work long term too.

Tried deleting the timer and recreating it, rebooting the control, tried naming it something completely different.  So crazy.  

Thanks for the thoughts though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.