C4 Forums | Control4

Can a WK-2 run without a pakedge router?

I have two wk-2s that used to be wired to my pakedge router, I changed from Comcast to AT@T fiber and I don't know how to make the changes in the router so the wk-2s are wired directly to pakedge switch on a POE port but they are giving off no signal at all.

thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, Smess said:

I have two wk-2s that used to be wired to my pakedge router, I changed from Comcast to AT@T fiber and I don't know how to make the changes in the router so the wk-2s are wired directly to pakedge switch on a POE port but they are giving off no signal at all.

thanks in advance

ROUTER shouldn't matter, My guess is you had an NK-1 controller - in which case changing that is troublesome, but as it isn't a router, you should be able to leave that in.

UNLESS those APs were set to static, in which case you should be able to simply match the new router's IP range to the old settings.

sorry yes its a NK-1, the router is from the service provider.

when you say static you mean the ip address for them was fixed?

Xfinity was 10.0.1.1 or something and at&t is 192.168.1.0 if that helps, sorry I am clueless to this stuff and they guy told me don't ever go in that NK-1, you can play around with the wk-2s and swithches all you want.

I have access to the NK and the AT&T but wouldn't dare touch them without some expert help.

happy to pay

thanks