C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm integration uk

Some advice please.

as far as i am aware, Pyronix alarm systems cant work along side Control4. So i’m thinking of going down the Texecom Premiere Elite range. I’m just not sure on the integration with Control4 as far as smartcom , ComIP. Some places say you require both and some say you don’t.  The Control4 driver docs say you can’t use Smartcom but I’ve read that’s what other guys have used to just integrate with Control4 and not Texecom. 

system would have to be wireless as no way of running any cabling now. I can however get a cat6 cable to alarm unit if required.

thanks

I have Texecom Elite with both Smartcom and ComIP. My understanding is you need both to enable integration with Control4 and use the Texecom App. If you don’t intend on using the Texecom app then my understanding is you don’t need both modules.

Installation has been done for a few years now and it seems to work well. I have a couple of niggles and looking for a new alarm installer as not many understand the integration with Control4.

With regards to integration, this has been a game changer. I now have the ability to use individual room sensors and door contacts for various programming. I particularly like the ability to turn lights on with alarm sensors.  The ability to have notifications and status along with automatic setting of the alarm has been great. For example, I have an evening routine which automatically sets the alarm at night. There are a few niggles, for example the Part Arm settings are not named so unless your a frequent user or only have one part arm, it can be confusing. I find myself using the Texecom app if I need to set and unset the alarm but this is not frequent at all.

For the small cost difference, I would recommend both the Smartcom and ComIP.

23 hours ago, Pedro3178 said:

Cheers Gary,

can I ask the reason for the ComIP? Is it so you can also integrate Texecom ?

thanks

I believe so ~but only use c4 to control the alarm ~how the cost would be minimum on a new install ~that’s why I say do it 

• 2 weeks later...

Got all the parts but unfortunately I’m having major issues sourcing JAL-0001 , this allows you to have a com3 which is required to use the ComIP and Smartcom. Smartcom uses com1 and com2 and our premier 24 only has com1 and com2. Supplier can’t source any and I can’t find any available online. Map security showed in stock but they contacted to say it would be 3-4 weeks.  I wonder if these are maybe being phased out?  

question just now is, the control4 part is most important. Are you able to set and unset via control4 app ?  Looks like it will just have to be the Smartcom setup via control4 just now until I can source this part.

thanks 

3 hours ago, Pedro3178 said:

Got all the parts but unfortunately I’m having major issues sourcing JAL-0001 , this allows you to have a com3 which is required to use the ComIP and Smartcom. Smartcom uses com1 and com2 and our premier 24 only has com1 and com2. Supplier can’t source any and I can’t find any available online. Map security showed in stock but they contacted to say it would be 3-4 weeks.  I wonder if these are maybe being phased out?  

question just now is, the control4 part is most important. Are you able to set and unset via control4 app ?  Looks like it will just have to be the Smartcom setup via control4 just now until I can source this part.

thanks 

Yes, you can set and unset with the Control4 app. This can be both full arm and part arm.