C4 Forums | Control4

Strange Cable Box Control Behaviour - Gremlins in the System

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with one of my cable boxes (it's a Rogers/Shaw 4K box in Canada, equivalent to Xfinity in the US).  We have two such boxes connected to a C4 matrix, exact same physical set up and driver, but we are only seeing issues with one.

Specifically, the "Menu" button on the CX4 remote/app only works intermittently (there is typically only a response 25% of the time or so when the Menu button is pressed).  When the box does respond, it sometimes pauses the TV when it brings up the Menu (i.e., Menu button seems to also trigger pause).  Within the Menu, the forward arrow will sometimes activate the fast forward (i.e., it scrolls through options but also triggers fast forward).

The native remote works properly.  We've tried relocating the box, re-setting the IR blaster and restarting the Controller, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Yeah, will likely go this route as a search of the forums indicates that similar issues seem to have been resolved by taking this approach.  I was just wondering if there may be a quicker/simpler fix on my side prior to getting my dealer to do this.

3 hours ago, Jobu604 said:

Yeah, will likely go this route as a search of the forums indicates that similar issues seem to have been resolved by taking this approach.  I was just wondering if there may be a quicker/simpler fix on my side prior to getting my dealer to do this.

But there is!

Note that if feasible, use the IP driver (yes shaw boxes work fine behind a 'regular' router, yes shaw will tell you it won't, because they won't support it) It's super stable.

THAT SAID I just updated my shaw bluecurve driver to fix this issue, as well as an odd one where recall worked on 90% of the boxes but the occasional one just wouldn't react.

Yes it's an icon driver.

Shaw_BlueCurve.c4z

Was able to switch these over to IP control.  Fixed the issue, but it seems to take several seconds for the box to "wake up" when it's first turned on (i.e., there's a delay before the control starts to work).  Is this normal?  

1 hour ago, Jobu604 said:

Was able to switch these over to IP control.  Fixed the issue, but it seems to take several seconds for the box to "wake up" when it's first turned on (i.e., there's a delay before the control starts to work).  Is this normal?  

i believe there is a driver property to adjust