C4 Forums | Control4

HC1000 still dead

Understood' date=' but why is the order of introdcution important?[/quote']

The less hops a device has to make the faster it can work.

Example. I had a CA Wireless Relay in my system that was for testing. I looked at my ZigBee Pro routing and both my remotes were routed through several dimmers and then to the CA Relay. There were other ZigBee nodes in the room that would have provided less hops but for some reason the remotes made additional hops through devices that probably were not required. I shut off the CA Relay and the routing changed and now there are less hops for my remote.

The order in which devices are added to the mesh can determine what path other devices take through the mesh.

If they auto route themselves all the time then it shouldn't matter, right?

Understood' date=' but why is the order of introdcution important?[/quote']

The less hops a device has to make the faster it can work.

Example. I had a CA Wireless Relay in my system that was for testing. I looked at my ZigBee Pro routing and both my remotes were routed through several dimmers and then to the CA Relay. There were other ZigBee nodes in the room that would have provided less hops but for some reason the remotes made additional hops through devices that probably were not required. I shut off the CA Relay and the routing changed and now there are less hops for my remote.

The order in which devices are added to the mesh can determine what path other devices take through the mesh.

If they auto route themselves all the time then it shouldn't matter, right?

They auto route in the event something is dropped from the network, I believe.

Archived