C4 Forums | Control4

Genre & Rating MISSING***HELP***

GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP BATMAN IT ACTUALLY DOES WORK!!!!

I now get Genre & Rating, etc etc info for all my 450+ movie files.......THANK THE LORD!!

The easiest way for me to explain is it seems that no additions, changes or adjustments made within Composer are reflected within these two features in the browse function.

What you have to do is export your latest complete media list as an .xml file, delete all your movies within composer, choose refresh navigator and then re-import the latest .xml file (be patient while the movies load), choose refresh & refresh navigator and wullah, they should be present in your browse genre & rating, etc

Keep in mind, I am using version 1.7.4.36 for my navigator, director & media version (all the same).

Good luck, let me know if you guys get yours to work as well.

Amen! Same issue, have logged problem with C4 but no solution other then starting over. This works. Thanks so much, I believe it has to do with the database becoming corrupt at some point and this solves it by refreshing it.

my pleasure.....hopefully they get her fixed one day but at least we have a work-a-round for the time being

Archived