C4 Forums | Control4

Genre & Rating MISSING***HELP***

Hi Guys.......I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cannot get Genre and Rating via my C4 Browse GUI pulling media files off my NAS.

I have tried what I think is everything at this point.

I even updated my Composer ME & Navigator to 1.7.4.36 based on a few other guys having success but still NADA.......AAAARRRGGGHHHHH

I also checked again and in the ME software it has all the scanned movie details including Genre & Rating.

When I check my C4 browse GUI these two are missing.

When I try to EDIT the C4 GUI and add the rating it stays but as soon as I do a navigator refresh it disappears.

Movies, Director, Actor are still in there just not Genre & Rating

This is common amongst all my media files stored & scanned on my NAS.......m2ts, mkv, iso, avi

When I do a scan and search for the media info I'm using the ME software linked with ALL MEDIA GUIDE......finds the movie info fine, just doesnt seem to want to put all of it on the C4 GUI.

HELP!!!!.....any other possible thoughts or ideas??

When you saw "I updates my Composer ME & Navigator to 1.7.4.36" does that mean you had a proper update of every component done, or that you downloaded Composer ME 1.7.4.36?

Dan....when your C4 GUI pulls the genre & rating from media files off your NAS what media format are they in? (ifo, mkv, m2ts, avi)?

Saw another post that there's a known bug with iso files and genre & rating does not show up so would be interested.

Also, do you have any iso files scanned in via composer?.....other thought is maybe the iso bug is affecting my other file types, thinking of deleting those iso files and seeing if that helps

I keep it simple and rip mine as straight. VOB's.

I don't have any. ISO files...

That may be the magical issue here.

I don't have any VOB rips but just noticed after doing a general scan of my NAS via Composer it did allocate and assign all my dvd iso files correctly and they now show up via the genre & rating menu as well.

The dilemma I'm having here is anything that is bluray (m2ts or mkv) is not working between Composer and Navigator.

Not sure if you have the ability to rip a bluray as a m2ts or mkv but if you do could you let me know if you have the missing info via the browse & rating menu like I am?

Nothing special. I manually edited it - searched by title, found the movie, it populated all the fields for me. Just scanning it only brings over the file name and no coverart or information. You can even edit the information from the GUI, which I just did. The only thing it didn't bring was coverart when I did that.

Nothing special. I manually edited it - searched by title, found the movie, it populated all the fields for me. Just scanning it only brings over the file name and no coverart or information. You can even edit the information from the GUI, which I just did. The only thing it didn't bring was coverart when I did that.

Sooooo frustrating.

I follow your steps and that's what I do as well and I can pull up the info via the coverart thumbnail but the genre & rating still does not show up via the browse menu.

You're very very first step, do you choose "scan" and then change the file type from the default avi to m2ts or do you just choose "new" and point it to the file saved on your nas?

C4 should change the option "Find DVDs and get cover art" to "Find Titles and Let the Pain Begin" since its all manual after that :) BTW, I do exactly the same thing and it works for me.

Just confirmed with a couple of guys having the same issue which in a non-selfish way makes me feel a ton better that it's not just me having this issue.

Just to confirm, when I scan in one of my m2ts or mkv files via ALL MEDIA GUIDE on Composer I get all the data listed and if something is missing I fill it in.

As soon as I hit refresh navigator to get this info listed on the C4 Navigator GUI and go into the "browse" option and choose either genre or rating nothing is listed.

If I go into "coverart" option and choose a thumbnail of a m2ts movie off my NAS I get all the data but the rating is blank.......sometimes the genre will appear there but doesn't really matter since I really only want genre in the browse function for sorting/searching purposes.

If I manually choose "edit" and add the rating in the coverart menu all is good BUT still does not link or show up in the "browse" option AND as soon as I choose refresh navigator again it wipes it back out.

Perhaps not too many guys out here are ripping blurays in m2ts or mkv format, cannot believe this missing genre & rating hasn't been a more popular known issue or bug related to the C4 software?

Why don't you try getting updated to the latest version to see if it's a bug in your particular application. Like I've said before, I'm running 1.8.2, ripping .m2ts BD disks, storing on a NAS, playing back with the 9100...and I don't have any of these issues.

1.7.4.36 has all the same fixes as 1.8.2 minus ZigbeePro and FLAC support.

Why don't you try getting updated to the latest version to see if it's a bug in your particular application. Like I've said before, I'm running 1.8.2, ripping .m2ts BD disks, storing on a NAS, playing back with the 9100...and I don't have any of these issues.

1.7.4.36 has all the same fixes as 1.8.2 minus ZigbeePro and FLAC support.

Codeman.....if 1.7.4.36 has all the same fixes as 1.8.2 would it make a difference you think?

I don't have any currently, I had some but wasn't a huge fan of the videos and wanted the hard drive space so I have left them in disc form.

Gotcha.....seems like it's fine with vob's ' iso's but not m2ts & mkv

If you ever get around rippng one as a test could you scan & load and let me know if genre & rating shows up for you?

Were both using the same Composer & Navigator version so would be interesting to know

I take it back. I am experiencing the same issue you are seeing. I re-read your original post and thought it was in the composer where it was not showing up but its in the navigator. I sent my dealer an email asking them about it. Is there a way for us to report these issues to C4 directly?

I take it back. I am experiencing the same issue you are seeing. I re-read your original post and thought it was in the composer where it was not showing up but its in the navigator. I sent my dealer an email asking them about it. Is there a way for us to report these issues to C4 directly?

Thank heavens........thought I was the only one losing it ;)

I've had a couple other guys tell me the same so hoping this will become more of an issue and C4 or someone can fix it.

Thx for double checking on your end.

I don't speak for Control4 but I personally wouldn't expect them to patch this unless it's in 2.0. I would hope that they would focus development resources on it vs. 1.7.x and 1.8.x and 2.0 at the same time.

Now that sounds like a comment from someone who doesn't have the need for these two functions :D

I don't speak for Control4 but I personally wouldn't expect them to patch this unless it's in 2.0. I would hope that they would focus development resources on it vs. 1.7.x and 1.8.x and 2.0 at the same time.

Now that sounds like a comment from someone who doesn't have the need for these two functions :D

Welcome to the technology industry as a hobby. Please keep your hands and feet inside your cart and your wallet available at all times. Enjoy the ride!

Welcome to the technology industry as a hobby. Please keep your hands and feet inside your cart and your wallet available at all times. Enjoy the ride!

LOL Codeman......sounds like something my wiife would say to me

Can't you just wave your magic wand and fix this issue??

LOL Codeman......sounds like something my wiife would say to me

Can't you just wave your magic wand and fix this issue??

Sure. You'll need to upgrade to Zigbee Pro and wait until 2.0 comes out though. ;)

Archived