C4 Forums | Control4

2.0 and HTC 1000

C4RVA

So anyone want to quote me a fair price for a HTC 1000 and the 2.0 upgrade. I have 1 htc 300, two plug in dimmer, one 250 remote, and 5 three button key pads. A virginia dealer quoted me $2,800. I told him Id even bring the gear to the store ( travel time < 30 min) but he said the price was firm.... Seems extreme?

He said 2.0 would be included with the purchase of an HTC 1000..... is he misinformed?

The current offer is that if you purchase a new controller (HC-300 or HC-1000) as you master controller you will receive a free software upgrade to OS 2.0. This is only the software and does not include the cost of the labor to upgrade or any hardware upgrades the may be required. Part of the upgrade is to migrate to ZigBee Pro so there can be more labor involved.

So anyone want to quote me a fair price for a HTC 1000 and the 2.0 upgrade. I have 1 htc 300, two plug in dimmer, one 250 remote, and 5 three button key pads. A virginia dealer quoted me $2,800. I told him Id even bring the gear to the store ( travel time < 30 min) but he said the price was firm.... Seems extreme?

You won't get an answer from a dealer about the price for an upgrade, every situation is different. Isn't the HC1000 around $1500? This seems WAY extreme to me. Look around for another dealer when 2.0 comes out.

So anyone want to quote me a fair price for a HTC 1000 and the 2.0 upgrade. I have 1 htc 300' date=' two plug in dimmer, one 250 remote, and 5 three button key pads. A virginia dealer quoted me $2,800. I told him Id even bring the gear to the store ( travel time < 30 min) but he said the price was firm.... Seems extreme?[/quote']

You won't get an answer from a dealer about the price for an upgrade, every situation is different. Isn't the HC1000 around $1500? This seems WAY extreme to me. Look around for another dealer when 2.0 comes out.

My current understanding is the the free software upgrade to OS 2.0 with the purchase of a controller is a limited time offer. C4 has not stated how long it will last. It could end once OS 2.0 is released.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived