C4 Forums | Control4

POE IP Camera

dbuono

I am looking to add a few security cameras and would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POE option. It is going to be much easier for me to just run Cat5e to the locations of the cameras rather than to worry about power connections as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am looking to add a few security cameras and would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POE option. It is going to be much easier for me to just run Cat5e to the locations of the cameras rather than to worry about power connections as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You actually haven't mentioned if you need C4 integration. Also, are you expecting the image to go to your monitors?

The Toshiba IK-WB70A has IR illuminators for night time use, is outdoor rated, and has been successfully integrated into Control4. I've found that the dealers on this forum generally stick with Axis and Panasonic, despite their poor performance in low light. There aren't many folks pushing the envelope in terms of different cameras, unfortunately, I suspect the market isn't big because security cameras are pricey.

detail_wb70a.jpg

The Toshiba IK-WB70A has IR illuminators for night time use, is outdoor rated, and has been successfully integrated into Control4. I've found that the dealers on this forum generally stick with Axis and Panasonic, despite their poor performance in low light. There aren't many folks pushing the envelope in terms of different cameras, unfortunately, I suspect the market isn't big because security cameras are pricey.

http://www.toshibasecurity.com/common/images/products/cameras/detail_wb70a.jpg

Respectfully disagree with your assessment of Pany. You spend just a little more and get the 735 and you'll be eating those words. As I have been soapboxing for, what, several months here, the 735 will best the Axis 214 and that is a $1,200 camera. You can get the 735 for about half of that.

Respectfully disagree with your assessment of Pany. You spend just a little more and get the 735 and you'll be eating those words. As I have been soapboxing for, what, several months here, the 735 will best the Axis 214 and that is a $1,200 camera. You can get the 735 for about half of that.

I'm not familiar with the 735. Is it an IP camera? Please post a link.

The Axis 214, like most PTZ cameras, would fit in well at a bank or Langley, but not a residential application IMO. But aesthetics aside it doesn't have IR illumination.

Archived