C4 Forums | Control4

How do I Dim the LED's of a keypad?

Thank you so much. I was just about to post a question but that helped me find the answer to why one of my 6-button LEDs was off. I assumed it was script action somewhere, but actually the button simply had its Release color LUM set to 0. And I found that several other buttons had various different settings that weren't visibly different. Gahhh!

It occurs to me just now that's the fix for my "night light" problem as well. We have an open floor plan between foyer, living dining, hallway, kitchen with a ton of LEDs (soon to be many more) that light the place up at night. I don't want to put unnecessary load on the HC-300, so maybe I need to set the LUM to a low value (10 or 15) on all of them.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

I do have the exact same problem, LED are just too bright at night especially in bedrooms in which I just turned them off :/.

This luminance setting sounds very interesting, however I am unable to find this option/variable on my dimmers and light switches and I am beginning to feel retarded.

an someone please explain to me how I find this setting within composer, maybe with a screenshot?

Thanks a lot :D

The olny thing you can do under custom colors is to drag the color spectrum to the bottom of the color spectrum you want but not all the way to zero, you must drag it up untill the color levels poulate to the first number, if you leave them on 0 the light will be black. This will set the LED's to the darkest setting they can go. I have several in my bedroom that are bright to where I can't sleep so I added a variable that turns off all but one light at my bedtime that gives me nice path to the bathroom but you will need a dealer to program it for you.

At the moment I run a scheduler to set the brightness different for day and night time and to shut the LED of in bedrooms - however changing the luminance is painfull, it has ti be set for every single LED and that takes time....

You are saing that you change the LED by variable , how did u manage to do that, can you plz post the programming?

Ehat I have in mind looks somehow like this.

Set Top LED when off on Light Kitchen to value of variable daytime

Is that possible?

Archived