C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Doorbell

Hi, everyone. I am a new Control4 homeowner. We live in a condo and unfortunately did not wire for doorbells. There are 3 exterior doors to our unit, and the condo requires doorbells to be either mounted in the middle of the door (where the peep would be) or within the doorframe.

I am trying to find a wireless doorbell system that could integrate with my Control4 system. It would probably need to be battery operated. My installer hasn't really provided any viable solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions?

There seems to be one zibee model in the marketplace, but it's painfully ugly:

http://www.zigbee.org/DesktopModules/ZigBeeVariousProducts/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductRevisionID=51&Date=634135112385538654)

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Or you could do what I've been testing (tinkering):

Buy a wireless doorbell button with a wired doorbell, replace the solenoid and chime with a relay, and connect that to your HC-300 or even the alarm panel. Much cheaper than the CardAccess and a lot prettier.

Good suggestion cgreenwell...sounds like it would work well.

Thanks.

Some people shy away from modifying anything and I wouldn't suggest the average joe tackle it. I may write it up and post it here when it's complete.

There might be another place around here...perhaps a link at the top of the page... or a link in the post above yours... that might be a good place for that type of write up :P

Good suggestion cgreenwell...sounds like it would work well.

Thanks.

Some people shy away from modifying anything and I wouldn't suggest the average joe tackle it. I may write it up and post it here when it's complete.

There might be another place around here...perhaps a link at the top of the page... or a link in the post above yours... that might be a good place for that type of write up :P

Thanks smccray...I was thinking the same thing.

Guys, thanks for your suggestions. I would love to see the write-up, especially if it included the model of the wireless doorbell, etc. I'm pretty sure I could get my installer to assist at that point.

Just to be clear, the suggestion is to mount the wireless doorbell (batter powered) and then modify the receiving/chime box so that it interacts with the C4 system? Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

Archived