C4 Forums | Control4

6 button malfunction

My 6 button all of a sudden stopped functioning. All of the LED's turned to green. When I 4-tap it the lights flash gold/yellow multiple times then it flashes all red real fast then back to all green. Any help/ideas? I did not do anything on the composer at all.

Can my installer access my system without me knowing it?

Your installer can access your system depending on how it is setup, yes.

I assume you're running zigbee pro, it sounds like that keypad certainly is. I would try going through the steps to remove it from the secure mesh, then add it back in.

What version are you running?

Good luck...

Can my installer access my system without me knowing it?

Yes, but he needs your log in info that you can change if you worry about it. Change my.control4.com login info and than inside account info. This way only you can log in.

About the key pad, green led's indicate that device is off the network. Without composer pro you will not be able to much.

could be as simple as "out of range", how far away from controller or another device is that 6button, did you have any CA part installe as extender? maybe its out and 6button lost connection, can you take it out and move it closer to controller? (this way you can tell if its disconnected from project or just out of range)

The installer needed to reconnect through the interviewer and it worked like a charm. Still not sure why it just stopped working/communicating. Is this something that occurs with any frequency? Am I always at the mercy of my installer if these things happen? I do not think this could have been solved with Composer HE.

Actually Ive had similar issues, even just this past month.

I have a lighting setup where if I press my yellow button once the lights I can see from my family room all turn off. If the lights are off and I press it the 4 corner lights turn on. If the 4 corner lights are on and nothing else then if I press it the can lights turn on at 30% and corner lights turn off. If the can lights are on and I press it all lights turn off.

For the past month, after that setup working perfectly for 6 months, it just randomly started having issues. When the can lights turned off the C4 system wouldnt register it and would think they were still on, so the yellow button would do nothing (because it kept trying to turn off the corner lights). I had to navigate on the SR-250 to the lights and it would show the corner lights as on but the second I got to that lighting screen the yellow bulb icon would turn off and everything would work perfectly.

I also have a dimmer tied to a 2-button in my daughters room and it would only respond to the 2 button about 50% of the time. Sometimes if I pressed the two button a bunch of times it would recognize those commands 20-30 seconds later and run through whatever sequence I had pressed rapidly (on, off, dim, on, off etc).

I figured it was just something wacky with one of the lights but then last week my basement stair light stopped responding to any commands whatsoever. I turned it on and off, cut the power to it with the little switch at the top, etc but nothing worked. I figured the zigbee radio died and was going to replace it. Suddenly 2 days ago that light started responding perfectly again AND all of the other issues in the family room and my daughters bedroom resolved themselves also.

One would think maybe it was a zigbee mesh issue but I have a home controller on each floor, thermostats on each floor, dimmers and switches in every single room, remotes on each floor, etc... It should be about as powerful a zigbee mesh as possible.

Archived