C4 Forums | Control4

Is anyone running 2.0 able to scan video media?

Watching the media tags update is kind of nuts...

It will sit on one for 45 - 90 seconds, and then it will fly through 100 or more as fast as you can watch the numbers move...then it gets stuck on one for another minute or so....seems to happen with no rhyme or reason.

Man...I am bored...the house is so quiet.

EDIT: Typo

Well, this is beyond frustrating. A USB restore of the HC1000 down to 1.8.2 didn't work. The media scanned fine in 1.8.2, the media conversion to 2.0 was fully processed, and still the same result with the scanning.

WTF?!? Anybody have any ideas? I will try what janusz did...

What is brand of this NAS???

had same issue and managed to resolve it

How?

I have changed security mode from default "share" to "User"

This is for ReadyNAS NV+

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ as well. I made this change and it didn't make a difference....still the same result.

Okay, I don't know quite what to attribute it to yet, but I've got it working. There is only one issue. For a lot of movies it finds A TON of files...some movies it finds as much as 25 or more.

Media-Scan-Screengrab.jpg

I only scanned for the file type ".IFO".

Well, one of the things I tried worked, it seems like it was probably janusz idea of changing the security mode on the NAS. Can I say THANK YOU!

On a side note, I got the multiple files problem solved. I scanend for "DVD" and took "IFO" off the list and it went just fine.

Man...I'm glad this is behind me.

Well, one of the things I tried worked, it seems like it was probably janusz idea of changing the security mode on the NAS. Can I say THANK YOU!

Do you have any hair left? :)

It would be useful to know if your dealer had their NAS security set differently (the way yours is now set). Otherwise there's still a mystery here. But I suspect that after this ordeal, you don't care.

FYI, I can't think of why the security setting on the NAS had anything to do with why you couldn't get it to work on a directly-attached USB drive:

It doesn't matter whether it is on the NAS, a USB drive, a share on my PC, etc... they all have the same result.

Are the movies stored on USB drive on the NAS and you just moved that same USB to other places to test? Or did you have a separate drive, created independently of the NAS, with movies on it that you tested?

I have the NAS, and I have a USB drive plugged into the NAS. Neither would scan.

I also created additional file shares on this PC, connected to them, and attempted to scan.

If I am feeling up to it one day I will backtrack everything I did and see where the breakdown occurs. At least now I have a few things I can suggest people try if this problem comes up, even if I don't know for sure which one worked.

On a side note, I got the multiple files problem solved. I scanend for "DVD" and took "IFO" off the list and it went just fine.

Man...I'm glad this is behind me.

Glad I was able to help.

btw: Buffalo NASes do not seem to have this issue.

Did you figure out this problem? Must have been something to do with the upgrade, cause my system was just intalled on Thursday of last week ( 2.0) and my folders in NAS have subfolders and they work great.

• 5 months later...
What is brand of this NAS???

had same issue and managed to resolve it

How?

This is for ReadyNAS NV+

Thank you! I was unable to scan digital audio with 2.0. This solved the problem!

• 8 months later...
How?

This is for ReadyNAS NV+

Thank you! I was unable to scan digital audio with 2.0. This solved the problem!

Is the security mode set in Control4 Composer or on the NAS? I have a Buffalo LinkStation LS-QVL/R5.

This is for ReadyNAS NV+

Is the security mode set in Control4 Composer or on the NAS? I have a Buffalo LinkStation LS-QVL/R5.

The NAS.

Archived