C4 Forums | Control4

Brand New- Fireplace switches, thermostats, and regular swtiches

srthomas21

I have the following that I didn't end up using for my new house and didn't want to pay the restock fee to return.

3- Wireless Thermostats, these have zigbee pro and are brand new

3- Wireless Fireplace switches- Black - brand new in box

1- Wireless Fireplace switch- white- brand new in box

2- White Switches- new in box

All of this stuff is new in box and I just got it so it is new inventory and has not been sitting around.

If anyone is interested in any of this please make me a fair offer. I would prefer to sell it all to one person but will split it up.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have the following that I didn't end up using for my new house and didn't want to pay the restock fee to return.

3- Wireless Thermostats, these have zigbee pro and are brand new

3- Wireless Fireplace switches- Black - brand new in box

1- Wireless Fireplace switch- white- brand new in box

2- White Switches- new in box

All of this stuff is new in box and I just got it so it is new inventory and has not been sitting around.

If anyone is interested in any of this please make me a fair offer. I would prefer to sell it all to one person but will split it up.

Thanks

I'm interested in one of the thermostats and the two light switches if they are available still and are compatible with 2.0?

150$ for both switches, 175$ for the thermostat?

FYI all thermostats and lightswitches are firmware upgradeable to 2.0

Never done one, so what's involved in a firmware upgrade for C4 hardware?

Is it all done wirelesly, or do they need to come out of the wall?

Can I do it myself, or do I need to pay my installer to do it?

Thanks!

It's all done wirelessly, but a dealer needs to make the upgrade.

This is my friends gear, and it is already running zigbee pro, so the major part of the 2.0 upgrade is done (embernet to zigbee pro).

He doesn't frequent the forum I don't think...I'll let him know someone is on here asking questions.

FYI all thermostats and lightswitches are firmware upgradeable to 2.0

Never done one' date=' so what's involved in a firmware upgrade for C4 hardware?

Is it all done wirelesly, or do they need to come out of the wall?

Can I do it myself, or do I need to pay my installer to do it?

Thanks![/quote']

It's done wirelessly. Your dealer should be involved in all firmware updates - you can have incompatible hardware, brick controllers/other devices, or have devices that require special steps in the upgrade. 2.0 is a paid for update for which you will need to purchase a license from your dealer - unless you buy new equipment from a dealer after 6/30/10 or have hardware from the grace period (december 09 to june 2010), it's included.You'll also need your dealer because ComposerPRO is required to do the update and is now locked to authorized, licensed dealer accounts.

Cody, what about the person that buys my HC300 that is already running 2.0, but not as director? That should run 2.0 just fine without the purchase of a license, shouldn't it?

I'm not sure. If they use it as a slave I think it would be fine. If they try to use it as director I have yet to see how any license-transfer type of deal would happen. It's only been out a month :)

I'll go ahead and boot it up as director at the house and see how it goes...

The trick is registering it to a new my.control4.com account... It may work fine, or it may complain if you try to add other devices later that need to be upgraded.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived