C4 Forums | Control4

Speakers

The AMP/Matrix Switch provides volume control. If you want, you can put a knob on the wall to act as an intermediary volume control. I believe I remember reading that controlfouruserguy does this.

I just have a remote, touchpanel, or 6 button keypad in everyroom with clearly labeled volume control. My kids would spin the knobs even more than they play with the six button keypads.

True. In a hurry, you can dial-down the volume or leave it mid-way and throttle as needed. I do this on the roof as no display will be legible in full sunlight. I use a 6B to select music programs and playlists and the L Pad for as-needed loudness changes.

All of kid's bedrooms have L Pads and local/distributed PBs w/iPod docks. The older kids can choose between visiting friend's iPods or a current always-on Kid's Party Music on Rhapsody. The little ones don't yet have local sources (they barely have friends yet!) but have the simple "wife-approved" knobs/PBs.

All of this was in case we sell and need to take-out the HA equipment. At least the infrastructure will still be there for someone to pipe-in music.

The AMP/Matrix Switch provides volume control. If you want' date=' you can put a knob on the wall to act as an intermediary volume control. I believe I remember reading that controlfouruserguy does this.

I just have a remote, touchpanel, or 6 button keypad in everyroom with clearly labeled volume control. My kids would spin the knobs even more than they play with the six button keypads.[/quote']

Thanks ILoveC4. Since I'll be having deco style dimmers (C4 ones) and electrical outlets I wanted to use just an electronic vol control to match (not the c4 controls)...ones similar to the attached photo... Just wanting to know if its possible to get it wired into c4 to make use of a volume control and C4 use for speakers.

As long as the selected component can raise the impedance as needed for the amplifier, this control should work. Also, note the total power rating to make sure it covers your specific amp and then some.

OK, I just looked-up your selection. A VSR-100 is running about $200/ea. That is waaaay expensive for what it does. My cost was $25 per control. Also, it does appear you can raise the base impedance by several multipliers and the unit handles 100W.

$200 each for those? I would have a hard time spending the $25 that you did controlfouruserguy.

Gene, my advice, if those $200 each buy more SR-250, 6button keypads, 10button LCD's, or touchpanels.

Yes, it has 12 steps....I know the cost is alot but I'm just using a volume control in the dining room & living room which are the only rooms without a TV (only because my wife would kill me to put a tv in there!). The other way to go is to use touchpanels like the new one that are possible....haven't seen them yet so that could be an option!

Atleast I know its possible so I can run the cable and connect later when the dealer is involved.

Thanks for everyones input!

Archived