C4 Forums | Control4

Newbie, questions about DVP-CX995V

amiller89

I recently had a cx995 installed, since it is connected to my control4 it's in another room, is there not a way to select the DVD from the C4 without having to go in the other room and select it on the DVD player?

Sorry if this is a retared question, when I asked the tech who installed it he told me I would have to get the blueray in order to control them on the remote.

Is this true?

Unfortunately, it's true, and the reason is that the CX995 does not support discrete disc selection.

i.e. there's no way to tell the changer 'go to disc 335'.

The serially (or network) controlled changers (the BDP-7000, and the 777 before it) do support direct disc selection, and also support sending the metadata of what is on the disc, so the Control4 system can manage the disc media independently of the device.

RyanE

Not true. I have that changer and it is controlled with C4. I make the movie selections using the control4 GUI.

Your dealer just needs the right driver. Also, because this unit doesn't have RS-232 control you have to tell Composer when you add a movie...

^I'm not....I don't think I am going to do the BluRay changer thing...is it too cheap and easy to do it digitally, plus you don't have to wait for the changer to power up and spool around to the right disc.

Keep in mind this thread is about the DVD changer, not the BluRay changer. It is correct that the non-ES line BluRay changer (less $$$ model by Sony) doesn't support discrete disc selection. The DVD changers do however.

Not true. I have that changer and it is controlled with C4. I make the movie selections using the control4 GUI.

Your dealer just needs the right driver. Also, because this unit doesn't have RS-232 control you have to tell Composer when you add a movie...

Sorry it's been a long day yes I saw this. I have tryed talking to my dealer but they insist that I cannot do anything but buy the new blueray for this to work! UGH!

I believe I was confusing it with the 960.

As I'm not terribly familiar with the units that aren't IP/Serially controlled, that's not too big a surprise, I suppose.

If it does indeed have direct disc selection via IR, it'll work fine, but you have to manually mange your disc library in Composer Media Edition.

RyanE

Archived