C4 Forums | Control4

Switching Rooms

hike

In composer, how do I program to switch rooms on the remote?

For example: SR-250 is setup in the Master Bedroom

Wife uses "list" to turn off light in Master Bath. The remote stays set on the Master Bath.

Later wife picks up remote to hit "Watch" and turn on TV but it no workee as it's not set on the Master Bedroom...

I want to have the remote default back to Master Bedroom perhaps on wake or after an amount of time etc.

Hope I explained that right!

Thanks!

Hike

I agree that this should be an option, but unfortunately it isn't. I wish I could program a button press on the SR-250 to toggle between two commonly used rooms (just like you, master bedroom and master bath).

Maybe sometime in the future.

Bummer' date=' doesn't this seem like a useful feature that wouldn't be too hard to program?

Why not map the button pushes LIST-LOCATION-etc..?[/quote']

Not sure what you men here.

I'll try to explain ... I don't have the remote with me know ...

My SR-250 in the Master Bedroom is generally used to control that room

For me to change rooms on the SR-250 remote I have to hit the following buttons in order to do so:

1st I hit the "LIST" button on the upper left side of the remote.

Then I navigate on the screen of the remote to "LOCATIONS" and select "Enter"

Then I navigate to "2nd Floor"

Then I navigate to "Master Bath"

At this point the remote is no longer controlling functions in the master bedroom, it is controlling the Master Bath.

The issue seems to be that there is no way to hit this sequence of buttons programatically, nor is there a "switch rooms" macro or command for the remote in Composer.

I see when selecting commands for a room that there is a "FUNCTION" command....could that be same as "LIST"?

If you figure out how to do that (reprogram the wife) let me know. But that will take longer. Try these

I have the same issues. What helped me out is I programmed the double tap functions on the switches and dimmers in these rooms to carry out the common functions, play music, turn on tv, room of etc. An addition of a keypad on each room eliminates largely the switching rooms on the remote.

OR

I've also thought of doing this. Add the video sources on your Master Bath the same video sources and functions as your Master Bedroom so that you do not have to switch rooms and still control the Master TV

Hope this helps

While this won't help you with the room change, it will help the situation you described. I can't remember what version this started on, but with at least 2.0 (maybe earlier) you can hide/show lights for different rooms. For example there is a vanity light in my master bath that is most commonly used. So I modified the navigator with composer so it will show up if my remote is on master bedroom or master bathroom. Now I don't have to switch rooms to access and control the vanity light. I can keep the room at master bedroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived