C4 Forums | Control4

Adms

ILoveC4

Why can't Control4 come out with a media player like this?

http://www.crestron.com/products/show_products.asp?jump=1&model=ADMS#movie53

I'm having that system worked into my Crestron quote. Hopefully the quote comes in close to where I'm anticipating...I'm getting excited about making the switch.

They're working the quote up today, I should have it tomorrow.

I've got somebody working up a quote for me. If the cost is in line them I am definitely going to. It looks like several of the products they are quoting me won't be available until February 2011, so it will be a few months.

I will get the quote tomorrow and if it looks good I'm going to pull the trigger. I have to figure out how much I think I can re-coop out of all this Control4 gear that's piled up in the rack...

They've got a new one sans the internal bluray player that is cheaper, but it is still spendy. Super cool thought, with the web browser and all. The global search, this thing is amazing.

Why would it be blasphemy for C4 to come out with something like this?

I'm pretty sure Crestron management won't treat the way Control4's has, that's really what it came down to for me. I know it won't make much (if any) of a difference to them, but I am going to talk with my wallet. I'm not going to support them anymore...

I remember the two time when the Crestron mafia came to our office. The first was to threaten our dealership for also being C4 dealers, and the second time for being Savant dealers. All that time, we were putting up big Crestron sales numbers. Trust me Dan, when Crestron doesn't like something that you are doing, the rainbow and lollipops are gone, and you will see a very different monster than anything you have seen with Control4. A caution...

^Ryan, my family and I rely on a Control4 system. It is one system that I trust 5 yr. olds to be able to use and so far they can. I don't use the AMX systems, but I continue to ping the users as their rent money subsidizes that equipment. I am thinking my family would not like AMX as much compare to C4 based on what I'm hearing.

So, this is why I hard-line almost every post of mine. I am passionate about Control4 and so far have managed a handful of other C4 sales based on a nickle-tour of my system. I alway hope that some of problems will vanish with an upgrade, revision or desire on my dealer's behalf.

Archived