C4 Forums | Control4

Should I add an HC-1000?

dbuono

Alright, I am finally to the point of trying to figure out whether or not to add an HC-1000. My question is will I really see a marked improvement in performance? Dealer of course says yes, but I would like to independent input.

Current system highlights are as follows:

HC-300c - running Zigbee Server (no navigator used, just acting as Zigbee Server at this point)

HC-300 - ZAP Coordinator

3 - HC-200s

5 - SR-250s

4 - zones TV / music

3 - music only zones

1 - 4 zone amp

1 - 8 zone amp

3 - thermostats

6 - keypads

10 - dimmers

Media includes: media player, nas drive, DVD, Roku, DVD changer, 4 cable boxes, Wii, PS3

Distribution: 8x4 matrix, HCs to amps for music

Thanks

I'll be curious to see IF there will be an improvement. I know that the HC1000 is a faster processor but he's got 5 controllers. For the project size, from the outside, it does not seem that an HC1000 will help as much. What does the experts say?

Of course there is that 2.0 argument. If you are going to pay for an upgrade licence might as well buy a controller that comes with it.

OP, do you have performance issues?

Sorry, I don't remember all the terms correctly. The HC-300c is running director now (the same one that is the main Zigbee Server). Also, this HC-300 is not being used as a navigotor in any room, just director and Zigbee Server.

Archived