C4 Forums | Control4

diamond design Dune IP (all models) is now available

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point, 1.7 and 2.0 are tied together so whatever will work with one will work with the other.

Both are the same from now on. 1 driver only for all versions. There are quite a few people receiving the driver these days so should have some feedback very soon.

Some of the people who ordered are using my movies and for them it is 100%. It just needs fine tuned for the c4 librarian.

the SDK 1.7, 1.8 and 2.0 not only represent newer versions of the SDK but also reflect compatibility somewhat of the corresponding composer/director version.

At this point, 1.7 and 2.0 are tied together so whatever will work with one will work with the other.

I can't decipher that. Does it work with 1.8.x or not? Or is it a "maybe, but not tested"?

Sorry for being confusing. Your guess is correct but I'd call it "almost positive but not tested." I had it working with 2.x. Yesterday I reworked it to work with John's 1.7x and then I reworked it again to work with both his 1.7x and my 2.x. It now works with both 1.7x and 2.0x on the same driver. I have not tested it with 1.8 but looking at the SDK from 1.8 the new structure matches so it should work with all builds in between the 1.7 and the 2.0 as well. If someone has 1.8 and wants to give it a shot and can install it I'll give them a free driver to test it out.

The e-store development is going well fyi. I'm going to have some exciting things on there to help simplify work for the DIY crowd that does not want to learn certain things for instance I'm going to have RJ-45 to serial converters for a little more than you pay other places, probably around $3.99 but I'll prewire them and connect them and list them by product (i.e., C4 to Concord or C4 to Sony Blu Ray, etc.).

Your guess is correct but I'd call it "almost positive but not tested." If someone has 1.8 and wants to give it a shot and can install it I'll give them a free driver to test it out.

I'm going to have RJ-45 to serial converters

Thanks for the clarification. I have 1.8 and would interested in trying it in a week or two, I think -- We often buy boxed sets of DVDs that I'd like to put on a media server, but I'd like to be able to do this for Blu-Ray as well.

On the serial converters, do you mean they are IP-to-serial converters or are you referring to just an RJ45-to-DB9 physical converter (like Cisco and other vendors use for their enterprise switch and router console connections)? If an IP converter, then I would need custom drivers for any of the equipment, correct?

I ask because I'm about to be out of IR ports on my HC-300 and rack space is tight so don't really want to add the I/O expansion or media controller if there's a simple alternative.

I got the B1 from James on Monday and installed the new firmware with no issues. James expedited my shipping since my 2.0 upgrade was scheduled for yesterday. Unfortunately, the dealer sent his tech over to a different site thinking that my schedule was for today :( Long story short, the upgrade did not happen and will be rescheduled mid-February.

As far as James/Diamond Home Design is consider, it was an excellent transaction. Very responsive to emails and kept me posted on the status of my order. With the free C4 driver, I don't think there is a better deal out there than what he is offering. Thanks James!

I now need to configure MyMovies on the dune player. Any idea's on how to do that? MyMovies has a guide on how to set it up on the Windows Home Server but did not mention how to configure for the Dune player.

Thanks. Is there a client/app that needs to be installed on the dune player to connect to the MyMovies server? I don't have a hard drive on the B1 so if there is, it should be included in the firmware. The collection management program is running on my HP MediaSmart server.

Here's a few more links. My Movies and Zappiti for that matter essentially create a set of files and index that the Dune reads in order for the Dune to present an interactive cover/fan art interface. You configure the Dune to point to the index generated by My Movies/Zappiti. That's the nickel tour.

Two links to read with more information:

http://wiki.mymovies.dk/(S(b0o1so45p1ldj2fxpq2zgvr2))/Default.aspx?Page=My%20Movies%20and%20HDI%20Dune&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1231218

Edited to add:

This said, the other alternative is to forego My Movies/Zapitti and have C4 scan you're videos directory and use it's own (read meta data collector) to create your video library. In this way, you would use the C4 interface to browse cover art and start a movie playing. In theory, never seeing the Dunes interface.

I may take the C4 route for browsing cover art since HP recently decided to stop making the HP mediasmart server. Only a matter of time before support goes away which means I will be migrating to a different NAS probably Synology.

I will explore MyMovies and see if I can get this working. Want to compare the coverart interface to C4's media player.

I may take the C4 route for browsing cover art since HP recently decided to stop making the HP mediasmart server. Only a matter of time before support goes away which means I will be migrating to a different NAS probably Synology.

I will explore MyMovies and see if I can get this working. Want to compare the coverart interface to C4's media player.

The mymovies interface blows away the searching capability, speed, categories, and beauty of the C4 interface. Although I have the Extra vegetables Dune driver I find myself most often using the mymovies interface.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a lot closer to fixing the C4 library bug so I doubt it will take until March to correct. One of the forum members helped me realize last night the code problem because I got to look at it from the user code prospective rather than the lua programming prospective.

That said, I may also personally use MyMovies because I use custom intro trailers (like THX and also one I made that is based on the 20th Century fox intro) and MyMovies does that well. However, I will finish the driver to allow either one as promised either way.

FYI, word on the street is MyMovies is coming out with a new version that will rest on the dune itself so that your computer (or HP mediasmart server) no longer needs to be turned on 100% of the time (or utlized at all).

One thing we should work on as a group is a better instruction manual to MyMovies with Dune. I agree the one online isn't very informative. When things slow down I will do it if it isn't already completed by then by someone else on here (or elsewhere).

I got MyMovies working on the B1 and I have to say, I like it a LOT! digitaltrader was spot on the comment about the interface.

Just an FYI to those who will be going down this route, I added a usb stick to my B1 so I could create a MyMovies shortcut on the main screen. You use the USB flash drive script found here http://dune-hd.com/firmware/ to format the stick. Once that is done, you add the MyMovies icon from the player to the main screen and its done.

I got MyMovies working on the B1 and I have to say, I like it a LOT! digitaltrader was spot on the comment about the interface.

Just an FYI to those who will be going down this route, I added a usb stick to my B1 so I could create a MyMovies shortcut on the main screen. You use the USB flash drive script found here http://dune-hd.com/firmware/ to format the stick. Once that is done, you add the MyMovies icon from the player to the main screen and its done.

Congrats and thx for sharing ms2bmw.......when you say to the main screen, are you referring to the C4 GUI?......if so I'm assuming that means you're running 2.x correct?

Also, am I correct in understanding that the current MyMovies is dependent on a PC running in the background to be functional with the Dune?

Do you by chance also have the MyMovies for iPhonePro app and if so can you execute/play a movie from the iPhone app?

My 1st Dune is scheduled to arrive early next week and I began configuration of MyMoves Coll Mgmt, all my movies are recognized/loaded from both of my NAS units.

What is the next or final step/s once MyMovies has recognized/loaded all the media files?

Thx for your help!!

Its Actually the main screen of the Dune player. My upgrade to 2.0 was postponed to 2/20 but the player is running the firmware with the C4 driver provided by James. I would speculate that it would go from C4 screen/Movies -> Dune Player main screen so its one level down the main C4 screen. I don't think it's possible to paste the shortcut to my movies on the main C4 screen. I maybe wrong.

Yes, MyMovies relies on a PC to run the collection management which basically creates the index used by Dune to render the movie information on the screen. There is a version for WHS which I have running on the HP MediaSmart Server.

I'm more interested in the iPad app than the iPhone so to answer your question, no I have not tried it.

I actually left two icons on the dune main screen (optical drive and MyMovies icon) and hid everything else. I would say that would be it from the dune/MyMovies side and it would now just be a matter of integrating with C4. Good luck!

Archived