C4 Forums | Control4

Default volume on Control4 16ch amp?

There apparently is a default volume setting for the Control4 amp that gets applied each time you change inputs. I can watch that happen in the Audio Properties box. And hear as well, of course. I can turn it up to a reasonable level, but if I switch to different source it goes back to original. And that's still true if go back to the first source.

That default level is too low at least in one zone; is there a place to set that without having to script it for every zone?

Double click the amp in the left pane, it should bring up the properties box for the amp.

Doesn't appear to bring up anything that allows setting default volume in ComposerHE, 1.8.0 version. Attachment shows what's available to me. That volume setting you see is the current volume. I can set it anything I want and as soon as I switch inputs using the remote, that volume goes back to the default of 15.

Was that fixed in 1.8.2 or is this another stupid thing that will make me want to visit the "bay"?

And my apologies -- I now see someone asked the same question yesterday. My search before posting didn't pull it up and I apparently didn't read that one through when it was posted.

I am not 100% sure of this as i dont use HE, but looking at it, i believe you must set the default volume in composer pro.

I know thats not what you want to hear, and there is a chance i am wrong since i dont have HE, but in pro, it is listed in an area that i know is not available in HE.

dont shoot the messenger :)

It's in CHE. Go to PROPERTIES>MISC for each room heading and change the volume for each mode (video & audio).

+1

If you need a screen grab let me know.

Click the Monitoring section, then select the room. In the center section select the Misc tan and you'll start the default volume.

Hehe.... nah, after having my system for a year and living with it part-time, I'm long past getting angry at the restrictions on my use of the system I *own*, not *lease*.

Nowadays I just chuckle and shake my head at most of it.

Hehe.... nah' date=' after having my system for a year and living with it part-time, I'm long past getting angry at the restrictions on my use of the system I *own*, not *lease*.

Nowadays I just chuckle and shake my head at most of it.[/quote']

Apparently i was wrong anyway :)

Hehe.... nah' date=' after having my system for a year and living with it part-time, I'm long past getting angry at the restrictions on my use of the system I *own*, not *lease*.

Nowadays I just chuckle and shake my head at most of it.[/quote']

Apparently i was wrong anyway :)

Sorry I should have clarified...posting from the phone again..

Archived