C4 Forums | Control4

Favor: Looking for Project Backup, trying to resolve "Project Locked"

Hey All,

So I am really trying all kinds of things to try and find a solution to the "Project Locked" bug...

On possible causes that I came up with is that perhaps somehow something is getting written to my Project that is not suppose to be and it causing it to be locked up.

To figure this out, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind sending me a simple project file that is working and know to not be locked up?

After I have a know good project file, I want to diff the good file with my potentially bad project file, comparing the XML, to see if there is anything that I think may have cause the problem.

I would prefer it if it is not an extremely complicated project, and extra points if is extremely similar to my own project. :D (I can also repro the bug on a blank factory reset project, so I would be willing to to work with a know working black project back up, as long as it isn't virtual)

Details about my project:

New Project -> Home -> Main -> Room:

Digital Media

System Remote Control SR-250

Home Controller HC200B

Thanks for the help!

- Brett

The project locked usually means your controller is in an upgrade mode.

I wouldn't recommend messing with the XML file. It may look a mess... thats normal.

It says "it is most likely being updated", it does not say "it is being updated", and based on the fact that right after a Factory Reset the "Project Locked" is coming up, the problem is most likely elsewhere and not that it is being updated...

Plus there is no harm in looking at the XML.

*or* cancel the upgrade.

Not always recommended.

RyanE

Is there a way to cancel an upgrade outside of the upgrade application? Perhaps in SSH or a flag in an XML file somewhere?

Even though my controller is not upgrading, perhaps it is flagged somewhere as upgrading...

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

- Brett

• 10 months later...
Is there a way to cancel an upgrade outside of the upgrade application? Perhaps in SSH or a flag in an XML file somewhere?

Even though my controller is not upgrading, perhaps it is flagged somewhere as upgrading...

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

- Brett

I am looking for the same thing. How can Control4 let this go on for so long!

Archived