C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Security System Integration

mattie

On the other hand, if he is familiar with the existing C4 driver and is telling you certain features won't show, then that's another problem. But, I find it hard to believe that DSC would have such diverse features that would not be covered under the exisiting PowerSeries driver.

if you search here you'll find a post from RyanE stating that there is a driver for all PowerSeries panels. It has a universal name for the driver.

found it:

The protocol command set is the SAME for all of those panels.

As long as he's using the IT-100 module and the driver for the 832 (IT-100 version), it should work fine.

As a matter of fact, in the upcoming release of 1.3.2, the driver will be called the 'DSC PCxxx and Powerxxxx IT-100' driver, for this very reason.

RyanE

I agree, your dealer didn't do his research.

• 2 years later...

I hate to dig up such an old thread, but I am looking to integrate my DSC security system with Control4. I know the IT-100 will do the job, but I am wondering if the Envisalink product would work as well: http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

It provides ethernet connectivity instead of serial cable. Does anyone know if this could be integrated into Control4?

Archived