C4 Forums | Control4

Streaming MP3's

I will be moving into my new house next week with control 4 to follow. I have a quick question. I will be running the hc300 for the only controller and the 4 zone amp for other audio needs. I have a nas and will use 1 audio out to the amp and one to the tv receiver. Question I have is how do you scroll through music. How does it display on the tv. I plan on using some play lists but want to be able to scroll through all my music.

thanks

I am sure I will have more questions later.

I also got the similar simple question,

In case I have 1 HC300 output audio to, an one 4 zones amp

with 1 NAS.

Can I play the different song in different room with

1. ipad moving around to different room

2. SR250 and TV navigator in TV room

Is it possible to do that? how to do with only one NAS source.

You can stream multiple sources from your NAS just fine, but you can only have one stream per audio source. So if you have one audio out from your HC300, you can only play one stream at a time. You can play that same stream in multiple rooms however. Does thatmake anysense? LOL

You can stream multiple sources from your NAS just fine, but you can only have one stream per audio source. So if you have one audio out from your HC300, you can only play one stream at a time. You can play that same stream in multiple rooms however. Does thatmake anysense? LOL

Thanks, it make senses for me now, however suppose I want to stream different song from one NAS source with one HC300 through 4 zones amp, is there any device could do this?

or do I need to setup 4 HC300/ hc200 on each zone and wired the audio output to that 4zones amp in order to play the different song from one NAS.?

Is there any solution?

Same type question as you got me thinking.

HC-300

1 audio out to ht receiver

1 to 4 zone amp

could I split the rca cables and run it to the amp and receiver so I could have multiple zones or would this mess up when I wanted to play all zones at the same time on the same source.

I split the audio out on my HC300 and worked fine for about two days, then all the songs came over crackly.

I could not figure out the problem, and I still don't know why this is the case, but as soon as I removed the splitter, all was fine again.

So yes, listen to Alan and don't split the signal.

Archived