C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat problems

When first installed the stats were measuring a room temperature 3 degrees higher than actual room temps. The rooms just felt colder, and I verified by the old replaced stats. The installer confirmed that right out of the box they had a plus 3 in one of the settings. He corrected all of them. This was weeks ago, yesterday I remotely turned on the stats and set them to 70 degrees. In the flash version it showed the stats were off, don't know why they were set to fifty degrees and left on last weekend. I had to turn them on and set the temp only to find out the calibration is off again by about 3 degrees. Does anyone know what the hell is going on? It's getting annoying and I have to say I'm getting a little pissed.

Thanks for any help

p.s. I haven't contacted the installer yet.

There is a Temp Calibration option in the properties tab in composer for the T-stat.

Mine (all four) were also set at a value other than zero when installed (about 2 C high).

I'm not sure why they do this, cause I thought mine was reading high for some reason till I discovered this.

Once I changed this though it has remained at zero and the Stat reads correct.

Maybe make sure the stats are online (the stat LCD display shows when offline)

What version is your system on? If you're pre 1.8 then I don't know what to tell you, but if you're on ZPro, there are a host of t-stat issues that have been worked out, but you won't see any benefit until 2.1 comes out in May...I had to nuke my t-stats (13-4-13) and re-add them to my project after going to ZPro just to get them to work right.

but you won't see any benefit until 2.1 comes out in May...

That's pretty cool that you're hearing release dates that don't exist :P

Maybe they do exist' date=' and you just don't know :cool:

I know one thing...I [b']don't know.

but you won't see any benefit until 2.1 comes out in May...

That's pretty cool that you're hearing release dates that don't exist :P

Maybe they do exist' date=' and you just don't know :cool:

I know one thing...I [b']don't know.

I would hope that being part of the testing group, I would at least hear :)

Archived