C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord 4 Remote Programming

rayk32

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a company who can remotely program my GE Concord 4 security system? It's a small system with 3 keypads, 4 hardwired smokes, 4 wireless door sensors, 2 indoor sirens and 1 outdoor siren. It is connected to a phone line.

Thanks!

Just my 2 cents, since I just went through this.

I just installed the GE Concord. I replaced an ADT panel. It was very straight forward, and I have a similar setup, with 12 additional zones of connectors.

I would say give it a try yourself first.

I was worried about the programming too. If you have some patience and read the manual, it is quite easy to program.

The basic programming is to recognize all the zones, set the alarm type (instant or delayed) and change the default code.

The benefit I see, is if there are any problems such as bad wiring, bad resistors, etc, the remote person won't be able to see that.

By programming myself I found I had to correct some resistors, I also moved some doors into separate zones for better functionality with C4.

When I was happy with the alarm working, I think integrated into C4 (even easier).

I have not checked into this but I don't think you can remote program the Concord 4.

Thanks for the response Alan. I glanced at something in the installation docs that referred to "download programming" and thought it was possible. I'm reading it now and will take a better look at it. I was looking for the easy way out, but I guess it makes sense to learn the programming as "ekohn00" suggested. My only worry is ending up with a false sense of security ... and when disaster comes a knockin', the system doesn't respond as I hoped.

This is a great system. You'll know it's working.

7-1 chime on. Open anything it dings.

Part os setting up thevsystem is the discovery of all zones. 1 at a time, and I suggest you trip everything at the door or window vs, the cabinet so you know the zones are what you expect.

Are these new? I assume they are 4-wire detectors? 3 Wire is bad, thats AC and won't work.

Since my house came with Smoke Detectors, there's no way to integrate them (AC Powered). So I have wireless ones coming tomorrow.

Zone 8 is used for smoke detectors.

Check page 12 & 13 of the manual for wiring

http://www.safemart.com/docs/Concord-4-Installation-Manual.pdf

Are these new? I assume they are 4-wire detectors? 3 Wire is bad, thats AC and won't work.

Since my house came with Smoke Detectors, there's no way to integrate them (AC Powered). So I have wireless ones coming tomorrow.

http://www.safemart.com/docs/Concord-4-Installation-Manual.pdf

Yes, they are new 2-wire detectors.

I did a phone test and now the system won't stop calling my cell ... endless loop LOL

Are these new? I assume they are 4-wire detectors? 3 Wire is bad' date=' thats AC and won't work.

http://www.safemart.com/docs/Concord-4-Installation-Manual.pdf[/quote']

Yes, they are new 2-wire detectors.

I did a phone test and now the system won't stop calling my cell ... endless loop LOL

I didn't realize that I needed to identify them to the system by tripping them.

Good Morning All, Just registered today as this seemed to be a very friendly and helpful community. I am in computer field and though programming concord 4 will be easy. However, I read the manual and configued the system but still have lot of questions. 1. Don't know what group to use for Key remotes. It gives me false alarm every day at certain time and shows the key supervisory error. 2. I have only one hardwire motion sensor and don't know exactly where the wires go on the panel. I know it can be on channel one but I don't exactly know how to terminate since that is the only hardwire sensor I have. I don't want to delete remaining 7 channels from the memory. So I need to exactly know using picture which wire goes where and how it is terminated at the end. 3. On main entry door, can I use a wireless sensor since I don't think I can run the cable there. 4. I have a motion sensor in living room and it trips and tests ok but when I arm the system then it doesn't work for some reason. I installed it at 9 and 1/2 ft contrary to the 7 and half foot recommendations. What could be the issue? 5. I have pulled the cable for two outdoor sirens. where do I connect them on the panel exactly. 6. I also want to put flashing lights on the external sirens. Any recommendation? 7. finally, if someone is kind enough to talk to me over the phone for few minutes so I can clarify my doubts, that will be really helpful. I will be more than happy to answer any questions regarding computer or network issues if someone has it. I really appreciate all your help you can provide and again this is a great community where people help others using their experience. I also installed GE intercom system myself and it works fine. It took me three months to learn but I am happy to answer any questions if someone needs it. Thanks for reading the long post.

• 1 month later...
I have not checked into this but I don't think you can remote program the Concord 4.

Usually a monitoring station will upload a program to your panel with their settings. Usually the tech who installs the panel will input account number and 8xx number to dial to their monitoring station and it will download programming. The software is hard to come by; and if you register on the right sites you may get a copy of it; but I do not think its worth bricking a board when you can program all from keypad. Just my $0.02

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I've been looking for a forum that can give me some straight talk on my GE Concord 4 system. I'm an ADT customer and want to switch to a new service provider, but I'm unable to get into programming mode from my keypad. I believe that I have a programming keypad installed, it's the only one that I have. The new provider I'm trying to use is Safemart and they have dialed in to the system but are unable to access it with my monitoring account number which Safemart says is a 4-6 digit number. ADT gave me a nine digit number beginning with a letter when I asked them for this information.

My questions are as follows:

1) Is it possible that ADT has programmed the system to disable the programming mode on my keypad? If so, how do I re-enable programming from my keypad?

2) Is there a hardware product that I can buy that will give me programming access to the system? Perhaps a technican's set of some kind?

3) I'm aware of the Enterprise Downloader software (downloading it right now) but unsure of how to physically interface my laptop to the panel. Does anyone know what type of cable I need to do this?

I'm amazed at how difficult it is to get information about how to access a system that I own and have installed in my own home.

If anyone has thoughts on how to approach this issue that will allow me to gain access to the programming features of my Concord 4, please advise.

Thanks!

Adam

• 8 months later...

Archived