C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Pro problem on HC300

Hi

I suspect that my Zigbee Pro on the HC300 is faulty. I have tried to ID 3 new keypads and none of them will identify. I thought that they might need to be upgraded to Pro, but they won't ID in the Embernet upgrade process either.

Surely I can't have 3 faulty keypads?

How do i check to see if the HC300 is faulty?

Regards

What color are the LED's on the keypads?

Were they used? If they were used, they're probably still tied to the old mesh.

The LED's on the 6 botton are all blue.

I managed to get the dimmer and remote to ID by manually selecting channel 15 in the "edit Zigbee configuration"

The NEW 6 button keypad won't ID (has all blue LEDs). I have tried another 3 button as well as another 6 button and none of them will ID. I have also tried every button sequence that I know (7-4-7, 13-4-13, etc)

Please, this is driving me crazy.

Blue LEDs = 'old' embernet

Green LEDs = 'new' zigbee pro

You will need to upgrade the devices to Zigbee Pro.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

The snag is that it still won't ID when trying to add it as a node in the update process. I have tried every channel (0-14) and still nothing.

I have also watched the various clips on how to do the process and it seems that I am doing everything correct, except the damn thing won't ID.

Thanks

Or blue =pro and tied to a mesh already.

OP-when you said you did a 13-4-13 on the 3/6 buttons and try to identify. Which exact buttons did you use and are your LEDs above the buttons or below (upside down)?

Or blue =pro and tied to a mesh already.

OP-when you said you did a 13-4-13 on the 3/6 buttons and try to identify. Which exact buttons did you use and are your LEDs above the buttons or below (upside down)?

It was top left 13, bottom left 4, top left 13. LEDS are on the top of each button.

what happens when you do 13/4/13, any led color change? if nothing happens than key pads are embernet

how many times does top led blink when you do 7/4/7 ? this would be channel # that key pad is on, so set your controller to embernet upgrade and id device on that channel.

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I am trying to identify a 6 button keypad also. It has the blue lights on = embernet and I have tried 5-5-5, 9-9-9, 7-4-7, and 15. 13-4-13 does nothing. When in the embernet upgrade tab I click add and try to press the upper left button 4 times, but I get nothing. I just did an upgrade to the dimmer successfully, so the controller is working properly. I have the keypad orientated correctly, led's on top. I am thinking it is still on the old mesh, but I thought 9-9-9 should solve this. It always has in the past.

Thanks,

Jeff

I've had the same problem with a couple of mine. After trying everything I and everyone on this entire forum could think of, I just took it out. Sometimes 10 minutes with a screwdriver and a call to your dealer to swap it out for you is the best remedy.

Too bad for most of us we spend 3 hours getting to the point where we're willing to do the 10-minute fix!

During the zigbee pro upgrade process, do I need to be near the controller or just another zigbee pro device? I am about 5 feet away from a dimmer that was upgraded to zigbee pro, but now I am questioning myself since I can't seem to get this one identified to start the embernet upgrade. The 6 button is probably 30 ft away from the controller (and a few walls in the way).

Thanks,

Jeff

Archived