C4 Forums | Control4

TiVo Premiere IP Driver - bug

I have two TiVo premieres in my matrix'd C4 setup. Challenge I am having is the IP driver, whenever you select the TiVo as the source it automatically fires the TiVo / Menu command which interrupts whatever was playing before (i.e. if I am switching from one room to another or another room wants to also start watching the TiVo whats playing, stops). Anyone know any way to fix / correct this?

• 2 weeks later...

It was actually a simple thing. The driver was kicking out the on command which was hardcoded to be the same as the Tivo/Menu button. Since I had already made some of the other remote control buttons remappable, I went ahead and made the on button remappable as well. Personally I remapped it to the info button so when I switch tivos I see what I'm watching when I switch over. I uploaded the updated version to the file library and am attaching it to this post.

Enjoy.

Works awsome now when I turn on the system it goes to live tv and not to the Tivo menu

Is there any way you can add the blue, red, green, and yellow commands for the tivo premier as well as a last channel button this would make the WAF much better????....

Glad it helped. I would be happy to do that, however I contacted Tivo this morning and they said their internal documentation has not yet been updated for the new premiere remote commands so they are unable to provide it to me. The current version of their documentation only supports through Series 3/HD. For those interested, the document link is here:

http://www.tivo.com/assets/images/abouttivo/resources/downloads/brochures/TiVo_TCP_Network_Remote_Control_Protocol_073108.pdf

That said, it is an extremely logical interface so I suspect that some educated guesswork could lead to figuring those out. Since I have a Series 3 and a HDXL, this works for me but I don't have a Premiere to try testing it out. If someone can provide the codes, it is trivial to update the driver. Otherwise, you will have to wait until Tivo releases this info or another good samaritan guesses the codes.

• 1 month later...

Where is the provision in this driver to access the box? I loaded it in and the documentation says nothing about the IP of the TiVo or the media key. Any help?

/yes, I'm a dealer and I am testing this on my home system.

Go to connections and enter the ip address of your Tivo. Make sure network access control is enabled on the tivo as well.

If you use the version I uploaded, there might be a bug or two that I found. I need to upload a new version but I don't have it on this computer to do that at the moment.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried it today, Room off puts the Tivo in standby mode. Selecting the Tivo as the source does NOT wake it up, i have to hit PVR or any other Tivo function.

Can the driver be changed or can i automate it through composer HE to send the PVR command if the tivo is in standby?

• 8 months later...

Hi Max,

Any update on whether the coloured text buttons can be added to the Tivo driver. I have just had a UK Virgin Tivo box installed today and tried your driver.

It works AWESOME even better then the IR or iPhone App at first glance. Will test further in the next few days.

I c ould just do with the text buttons to be-able to install it in clients homes.

Thanks

Archived