C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset App

I'm unable to download the Kwikset doorlock app on my 7" touchscreen and my dealer is not responding to me. Is anyone using the app or has advice on how to access it?

Do you get an error message? If so, what does it say?

• 1 year later...

Has anyone solved this when their dealer won't respond? The button to buy is greyed out, and the lock is installed (with its relay) and functioning perfectly. I just can't control it correctly or edit schedules without this app.

Desperate! Just need to be able to "Buy" this app!

Good question! I should have clarified that. I DO have other apps and I can still download additional apps. The "Door Lock" app for the Kwikset line has working like this:

"To buy this app, contact your Control4 dealer for essential system configuration."

Well, the installer followed the instructions to the best of his ability and my knowledge. The install sheet says to install the lock driver and a relay, and that was done. The instructions then say to install the app from a device (can't buy it from the online store). Unfortunately, that's where he got stuck and abandoned ship and I have been left without the app.

Also, to clarify, I have a 5" touch screen and a 7" V2, multiple remotes, iPhones and iPads (not that these could do app purchases just included as interfaces), and PCs all running the UI. None can purchase. And I'm on v2.2.2 of Composer, running on an HC-300, and everything is updated.

I'd say check and make sure he's used the latest driver (certified) from the online database.

Yeah, the online database had 2 drivers. One certified, one not. Both were tried. Neither allowed us to Buy that app.

Is the existence of the correct driver the only criteria that the Store uses to enable the Buy button? That's the question no one has been able to answer...what is it that is supposed to make that button activate exactly.

What the codeman said....... if the wrong driver is in the project the app will not install. I had the same issue. I installed a black and decker lock driver and couldn't get the app installed. deleted that driver and installed the latest certified one and the app installed fine. I also had to re do any programming associated with the first driver.

What the codeman said....... if the wrong driver is in the project the app will not install. I had the same issue. I installed a black and decker lock driver and couldn't get the app installed. deleted that driver and installed the latest certified one and the app installed fine. I also had to re do any programming associated with the first driver.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make it happen and see if I can purchase. I appreciate the help y'all!

Archived