C4 Forums | Control4

Netgear media player 9150 issues

My power was out for about 2 hours when it came back on everything rebooted fine. Now I cant play my videos through the c4 gui, I Can't start a movie using the video browse. I can only start them by scrolling through the netgear video category. Then once started I can't do anything but watch, It won't fast foward, stop, anything. When it is finished I have to restart the player to exit out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you using the IP driver to run the netgear?

I have the same media player and quite often have to reboot it to get it working correctly again.

I'm not sure if it is the media player or the driver/C4.

We use our almost everyday and I probably re-boot it once a month - just something I have put up with.

On another note - can you access Youtube on yours?

I can see the most viewed and search etc, but when I try to play the video, it says 'unrecognisable format'

I am using the driver that was installed from the original set up. I have to hard reboot it to get it to reset so I can watch something else. I also noticed that the Internet doesn't play I can search and find things on you tube but can't play them.

I take it by hard reboot you mean removing the power from the netgear? - This is how I am 'rebooting' as well.

Mine is not happening every time though. I successfully watch movies end on end, ff or rwind, pause no issues.

sorry I can't help anymore but to say try a software update.

You can do this via the menu on the netgear - as long as it is plugged into the internet. It could help.

I think it;s under advanced set up or something like that - browse the menu and you will find it if you have not seen it already.

Like Dan, my control via C4 does not work sometimes, a hard boot works. An example is -

I can get the movie/file to start playing through the C4 cover art system, but the select button won't start the movie and the arrows won't move anything in the menu.

Not sure why the ip driver does this, annoying little issue that always happens at the wrong time :)

i have to reboot every time i want to stop a show. it wont even move through the choices from the menu. i never had this problem before this week.

I cant believe this is something that happens. would a new driver help? I could live with 4 times a year, but this is everytime. my son is 1 and his videos are 30 minutes. we have to hard reboot at the end of the video or we are helpless with the controls. also cant play youtube. i can search and find things but it wont play them as well as internet tv. do i need a different media player?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My computer crashed and didn't have media manager software backed up. Anyone know how we can free software? Didn't realize that this software was not given to us when purchased the system. Our installer has left the state and not able to help us out. Hoping someone can help us?

thanks for your response, but we already had this software. Good to know in the future, though. We were in need of the composer media software, which I ended up downloaded from the control4 website per someones advice This did the trick and we are back in business.

Archived