C4 Forums | Control4

Sprinkler Control.... Another question

Is there any clean way of doing sprinkler control via c4 besides adding relays and wiring the valves. Does anyone make a standard sprinker control unit that ties in with c4? I have a cat 5 cable going to the sprinkler control system.

Is there any clean way of doing sprinkler control via c4 besides adding relays and wiring the valves. Does anyone make a standard sprinker control unit that ties in with c4? I have a cat 5 cable going to the sprinkler control system.

I'm interested in this as well. I have a 15 zone RainBird system. There must be a way of interfacing with it?

Are those devides reliable?

You can choose wireless or Ethernet versions. Kevin sells them at Blackwire. He doesn't sell stuff just so you can dispute the charge with him because it's a crappy product. :) I've used them as well.

Ok, I must be thick...but there may be other thick folks too.

1. You would buy 2 of these right?

2. What would you need C4 drivers for? What is the C4 part controlling?

You only need one, on the receiving end.

For example:

HC300 - network - wireless/wired - global cache - RS232 - controlling device.

You need the drivers because it's not a "balun" for which you need two devices, it's an actual IP networked device. So it takes RS232 commands from the device driver in control4, turns it into IP, sends it over the network, and gets translated back into RS232 at the device you want to control.

Would this device work as well for Pool control (Pentair) ? Everyone is posting about how long wire runs they are needing to make and what gauge wire etc... this would be a much better solution, no?

Not sure with regard to that specifically.

Out of curiosity, how do you "chain" things in the composer setup? I get that you're saying that you need the c4 driver because the device itself needs to be communicated to, but how do you tell the wireless device to talk to the sprinkler device in composer?

Archived