C4 Forums | Control4

scientific atlanta 8300HD/DVR and monoprice matrix

gatormike

Does anyone have a reliable way to program this set top box to come on and off when commands are issued from my hc300. presently, i keep it powered on all the time and cant seem to program it to toggle on/off on command. I have tried video sense and i think the composite out on the box is disabled as I have HDMI out hooked up.

Also, for anyone using the monoprice 4x4 matrix--How do you get it to toggle on/off?? I am using the serial driver from this site and it does not seem to control power to the matrix....

Thanks,

Mike

The matrix is always on.

I have the "*" button on my remote toggle the DVR in use, because sometimes they get out of sync.

How do you program that function? I have mine set to be always on because of that issue, but I'd much rather have it toggle. If you have screenshots, that would be great

Tx

ILoveC4,

I have my remote do the same, but it would be nice to have the box toggle on and off with the rest of the equipment. Is it possible?? Everything I have tried doesn't work correctly....

Thanks

Have you looked at the driver in Driver Wizard to see if the "Device is always on" box is checked? If that's checked, it will not turn it on/off, because it assumes the device is always on.

Problem is with that box and assuming it is always on, it will sometimes turn itself off overnight, or after lockup and reboot, or after nightly firmware updates. You end up having to assure it's on in some dumb ways.

Problem is with that box and assuming it is always on, it will sometimes turn itself off overnight, or after lockup and reboot, or after nightly firmware updates. You end up having to assure it's on in some dumb ways.

I'm suggesting that if checked, he should UNcheck the box.

I don't like it for DVR devices.

Archived