C4 Forums | Control4

Linking keypads for simpler programming?

BrettB0727

I was wondering if there was a way to link multiple keypads so that they could be programmed in one place?

For example, I have multiple 6 button keypads that I want to have the exact same functionality for button 2 and button 5. However, if I change the programming on one, I have to copy-paste the new programming to every single one of the keypads.

I have pulled most of my programming off of the keypads and onto variable, but if linking the programming between keypads is possible, it would definitely be preferred.

Thanks as usually for the help! Yall rock!

- Brett

• 1 month later...
If you're on 2.0, there is the Macros agent, where you can create macros of code, and then trigger those macros from each keypad button press.

RyanE

Hmm, have tried macros yet. That probably solves at least normal programing actions, so that they can be done in one place.

It might still be a pain to set colors etc.

It would be really nice if there was linking, similar to the way you would link a keypad button to a dimmer or switch button, but instead, link a keypad buttons to multiple keypad buttons.

Right now, every 6 button in my house has the bottom 4 buttons doing the same thing and having the same colors. But if I want to change a the color or programming on each, I have to go through through and copy/paste or program each.

Linking would definitely solve this problem.

But I'll check the macros out. :D

Once again, Ryan, thank you for the suggestions.

Yeah, I've thought about making a 'set led colors' driver, similar to the light usage agent driver, mentioned in the other thread.

Mainly because I have a lot of 6-button keypads, that are all tasked with the same functionality, and LEDs should also go together...

RyanE

Archived