C4 Forums | Control4

How do I turn off Video, but leave Audio on?

Greetings! We have a kennel that has an HTC (with TV), and a Speaker Point connected to in-ceiling speakers. There are no other video or audio inputs in this room.

We use the HTC really for two things - monitor the Digital audio (song name / artist info), or to watch one of our IP cameras. Usually, we want the audio to keep playing when we leave the room, but don't need the video.

How can I turn off the video, but leave the audio running? Hitting the 'Power' button on the remote kills everything, and there doesn't seem to be a menu item or selection in the HTC navigator that means "I'm done with video now!"

I don't really want to set up another zone, since then the screen saver on the HTC won't have the right media info. It would also mess up audio control from the remote, yuck.

Any ideas?

I use the bottom * and # buttons as they are rarily used elsewhere. Under programming mode, highlight the zone name in question (far left pane) and under the zone events (middle left pane) select the function * or #. On the far right pane, scroll-down to the TV, highlight it and select either ON or OFF as the action.

Archived