C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 fail

This afternoon I noticed that my motions weren't turning lights on. Internet was working fine. But Director was down...navigators not connected. My HC-1000 disappeared off of the network but would respond to pings. Thought it might be time to power cycle everything. So I did, and all I get is a solid Power LED. No Data or Link LED activity at all, not even a blink. I power cycled again. Same. Reset. Same. Hard reset. Same. I figured it might be doing a fsck on the drive, but I've given it more than an hour and it still doesn't show any life. It's a V3, only a few months old, and has only had to be reset once a couple months ago, otherwise rock solid.

Is there anything else to try or does this thing need to be replaced? It's only been a few hours and I already miss my automation :(.

This afternoon I noticed that my motions weren't turning lights on. Internet was working fine. But Director was down...navigators not connected. My HC-1000 disappeared off of the network but would respond to pings. Thought it might be time to power cycle everything. So I did, and all I get is a solid Power LED. No Data or Link LED activity at all, not even a blink. I power cycled again. Same. Reset. Same. Hard reset. Same. I figured it might be doing a fsck on the drive, but I've given it more than an hour and it still doesn't show any life. It's a V3, only a few months old, and has only had to be reset once a couple months ago, otherwise rock solid.

Is there anything else to try or does this thing need to be replaced? It's only been a few hours and I already miss my automation :(.

Dealer can try a usb restore, if it doesn't work your SOL.

It happened to me a couple of months ago and it took C4 6 weeks to get it back to me. Maybe they can swing an advance RMA for you or your dealer has a spare.

Same thing happened to me and dealer had me a replacement in a week. These seem to have a high failure rate for such an important portion of the project. Even a 0.1% failure rate would be considered high.

I will say this: I'm patting myself on the back right now for buying this through legit channels instead of eBay like I was going to. I didn't think I would need the warranty...

My max c4 purchase on ebay is $350 otherwise its through a dealer. Especially for the HC, they just don't make much sense to buy on ebay, there not that much cheaper (as in you can't pay half or less).

• 6 months later...

Archived